The Cool Zone for kids!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Cool Zone for kids!

The place for kids!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Sword Fighting Show Down: The Future

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
El
Admin

Female Number of posts : 4606
Registration date : 2007-04-06

Sword Fighting Show Down: The Future Empty
PostSubject: Sword Fighting Show Down: The Future   Sword Fighting Show Down: The Future Icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2008 2:54 am

I smiled lightly, pacing through the dense forest landscape: trees, soil, grass... it seemed so familiar, like I was having deja vu. I really didn't know how I had ended up here, but I was here, and it was best to make the most of the scenery. It was quite beautiful... rays of dappled sunlight filtered through the trees, casting the orange glow of dawn onto to forest floor, prosperous and healthy soil and plant growth... that faint smile lighting my face turned into a grin. I had always loved beautiful things.

I felt at peace, something that I hadn't felt in a while. I was a lone wolf, traveling alone, not accepting help from anyone. I knew that was quite strange for a woman of thirty years old. I should be married off to some fine lord, and have children my now.
My parents believed I had been killed, and no one else knew of my existence. I had concealed myself well, but I was missing something that I had never truly had.... companionship.

I put a slender, lily white hand to hip gently, midnight, wavy hair swirling around my waist. I was feeling that my sword was still there. I had owned it for nigh twenty years, and it was still as beautiful as the day my mother had given it to me... I remembered her grin as she handed it to me, my father's stern look, and in turn, my appreciation... I shook my head violently, squeezing my eyes shut. I didn't wish to be caught up in old memories that were long since gone.
Back to top Go down
Batgirl
Admin
Batgirl

Female Number of posts : 11042
Current Location : Here.
Humor : Uh...moo?
Hobbies : ...Writing, reading, volunteering, and just doing stuff.
Registration date : 2008-01-08

PostSubject: Re: Sword Fighting Show Down: The Future   Sword Fighting Show Down: The Future Icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2008 3:38 am

(I'm sorry it took so long! I still might not be able to post.....we'll see.)

It was completely and utterly ridiculous. I was lost in the woods and I couldn't find a way out. To think, I was so clueless I couldn't find my way out of a forest. I stumbled past tree after tree, my sword, utility belt, and overcoat weighing me down. I couldn't very well get rid of them, so I had to just out up with it.

There was something vaguely familiar about the forest, but I didn't care about that. All I cared about was getting out of there.

I had figured that the forest was void of life, so I was a small but surprised when I ran right into a girl.
Back to top Go down
El
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Sword Fighting Show Down: The Future   Sword Fighting Show Down: The Future Icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2008 3:47 am

My train of thought was severed completely when I felt a presence near me, before it bumped into my small frame. Almost immediately, from pure reflexes, I pulled my sword out and took a blow to the side of the intruder's head with the flat of my blade. I didn't know who I was up against, so I did it more gently than I would have normally, but it was still quite firm. My melodious, crisp voice rang out through the forest as I spoke. "Who are you?" I didn't expect that anyone would be wandering around this forest, far from the outskirts of town, except for the occasional small animal.
Back to top Go down
Batgirl
Admin
Batgirl

PostSubject: Re: Sword Fighting Show Down: The Future   Sword Fighting Show Down: The Future Icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2008 3:54 am

I was surprised when she hit me, but I was quick to react. Faster than she could possibly comprehend, I grabbed at her sword and pulled at it hard. She fell forward and I got the sword out of her hand. Then, I used her own sword and pinned her to a tree a foot or so away, pressing the sword to her neck. I spoke in my raspy voice.

"You first."

I am always wary of people, especially if I find them wandering around in forests by themselves. She didn't help herself by hitting me in the head with her sword.
Back to top Go down
Spooky
Admin
Spooky

Female Number of posts : 4997
Current Location : Why?....Are you stalking me?! o.O'
Humor : "Every fight is a food fight when you're a canibal"....What?
Hobbies : Things....Certain things....
Registration date : 2008-02-12

PostSubject: Re: Sword Fighting Show Down: The Future   Sword Fighting Show Down: The Future Icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2008 3:55 am

"Stupid, stupid Airi!" I said to myself, hitting my forehead with the palm of my hand. "How could this've happened?!"

I had been casually strolling through the forest, enjoying nature, like I had many times before. And now I was lost. Lost in this dense, green, dishevelled, yet somehow oddly familiar wasteland. The trees blocked most of the view in front of me. I thought I saw something moving a little further in front of me, but I ignored it. I kept walking, pushing tree limbs and what not out of my way.....
Back to top Go down
Batgirl
Admin
Batgirl

PostSubject: Re: Sword Fighting Show Down: The Future   Sword Fighting Show Down: The Future Icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2008 3:57 am

(Hmmm....I believe El should post next....)
Back to top Go down
El
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Sword Fighting Show Down: The Future   Sword Fighting Show Down: The Future Icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2008 4:00 am

I kept a straight face, but wanted to laugh at what he was trying to do. He thought he was quicker than me? I managed to pull a hand up and swatted at the flat of my own blade. With the grace that only a feline could match, I leaped out from his grip, stepped behind him and grabbed the hilt of my sword. Unfortunately, I only managed to add a scratch to his hand while pulling my sword out of his grip.

My dress was a definite hindrance, the red fabric swirling around me, but I didn't expect an attack. it was quite a fine dress. A brown leather bodice that tied at the back covered my torso, and under it was a chain mail shirt. A red, silk skirt flowed from my waist to a small bit above my feet, which were garbed in brown leather boots. The dress skirt was trimmed with fine gold embroidery. I was covered from head to toe in a black, hooded cloak, as to keep my identity sealed, and that was obviously a plus.

Holding my weapon, I spoke. "You think you can defeat me?" I asked solemnly, moving quickly every so-often so I wouldn't be caught out planted to one spot. He was a skilled fighter, I could tell, and one wrong move and I'd be cactus, my life would be finnito. I narrowed my eyes, glaring at my opponent... no one challenged me and got out alive. I wrapped my slim hand around the hilt of my sword tightly, curling my fingers so they dug into my palm.

Last edited by Elandri on Sat Jun 28, 2008 4:08 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Batgirl
Admin
Batgirl

PostSubject: Re: Sword Fighting Show Down: The Future   Sword Fighting Show Down: The Future Icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2008 4:07 am

Her quickness reminded me of somebody I had once known, but I couldn't remember exactly who.

I wasn't about to let her get the upper hand, so not only did I grab for my sword, but I also pulled one of my bo-staffs out of my utility belt, extending it. I watched her movements carefully. She was good, but I was better. I watched her, then used my sword to swipe at her side. Of course, she dodged to one side, but I used my bo-staff to block her movement. I narrowed my eyes, my permanent frown not even flickering to a grin.

I brought my sword onto her side, putting a gash in it(her side).
Back to top Go down
El
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Sword Fighting Show Down: The Future   Sword Fighting Show Down: The Future Icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2008 4:12 am

I hardly flinched when his sword made a move for my side. I was lucky that I WAS wearing my dress, because under it was a chain mail shirt. I flinched at the sound of metal upon metal, but I shook my head and leaped back. I moved swiftly, maneuvering myself so that I was behind my target. I took a short swing of my longsword, brushing past his head. I moved around more, searching for some kind of opening. He was well guarded, I could give him that, but my fighting skills outweighed his. He seemed over confident, and held himself proudly, obviously thinking that he could beat me.
Back to top Go down
Batgirl
Admin
Batgirl

PostSubject: Re: Sword Fighting Show Down: The Future   Sword Fighting Show Down: The Future Icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2008 4:16 am

I heard metal under the dress, and found she was wearing a chain mail shirt. I spoke.

"I only your name," I said, keeping my voice steady and monotone.

"I'll tell you mine," I said. She was obviously an expert, and I wasn't sure if I could beat her with a sword and bo-staff alone.

"It's Jonathan." I said.
Back to top Go down
El
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Sword Fighting Show Down: The Future   Sword Fighting Show Down: The Future Icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2008 4:19 am

I raised an eyebrow in surprise. "Jonathan?" I asked slowly, hardly daring to believe. "I don't suppose you ever knew someone called..." I trailed off, speaking slowly, wistfully. "Elandri?"
That was the only way to confirm my suspicions, that this was the Jonathan I knew fourteen years ago. As far as I know, Elandri isn't at all a common name, and I'm the only one I know of with that name. I kept a steady stare on him, in case he tried something incredibly stupid. Or mildly stupid, for that matter.

Last edited by Elandri on Sat Jun 28, 2008 4:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
El
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Sword Fighting Show Down: The Future   Sword Fighting Show Down: The Future Icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2008 4:19 am

(Star! Where aaare you? This would be a good time for Airi to come in!)
Back to top Go down
Batgirl
Admin
Batgirl

PostSubject: Re: Sword Fighting Show Down: The Future   Sword Fighting Show Down: The Future Icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2008 4:24 am

I lowered my sword a little, and blinked. Elandri? The name sounded familiar. I searched my mind, and a few moments later, I remembered. All those years ago, I never thought I would see her again.

"Elandri?" I asked, almost a little confused. "Yes, I knew an Elandri. We fought...in a field. You left in anger from where you, myself, and.....what was her name? Lynn? Yes, Lynn." I said, confirming it myself. "You stormed off in anger from where we had been staying in this forest." I said, confirming it was the Elandri I had known.
Back to top Go down
Batgirl
Admin
Batgirl

PostSubject: Re: Sword Fighting Show Down: The Future   Sword Fighting Show Down: The Future Icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2008 4:25 am

(heh, I just noticed something. When I said "I only your name." in the post before my last, I meant to put "I only wanted to know your name,")
Back to top Go down
Spooky
Admin
Spooky

PostSubject: Re: Sword Fighting Show Down: The Future   Sword Fighting Show Down: The Future Icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2008 4:27 am

(Sorry! My brother kicked me off, and I just got back on!)

As I was pushing my way through the tree limbs and mud, I heard an ever-familiar sound. It was the sound of a sword clinking against metal....When you spend countless hours teaching sword fighting, you kind of get used to the sound....

Anyway, I rushed to find the source of the sound. I finally pushed my way to a small clearing-like thing. It wasn't really clear, but there weren't as many trees. That's when I noticed two other people standing there. I was hoping they could help me out of this wasteland, but they didn't look like your average friendly travelers....
Back to top Go down
El
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Sword Fighting Show Down: The Future   Sword Fighting Show Down: The Future Icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2008 4:29 am

"So you are Jonathan..." I mused. "That's serendipity for you." I tossed a long, waist length wave of midnight curls that had fallen across my shoulder back, and unbuttoned my black cloak as the hood fell from my face.
"I suppose I won't be needing this, then." I bit my lower lip uneasily, wondering what would happen next. There was an awkward silence between us, and I examined his face closely. There still was traces of him when he was younger, but now... now he looked more severe.
I suppressed a surprised jump as something pushed its way through the trees. Another person?
Back to top Go down
Spooky
Admin
Spooky

PostSubject: Re: Sword Fighting Show Down: The Future   Sword Fighting Show Down: The Future Icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2008 4:46 am

I was nearly running towards the sound of the clinking metal, so when I got to the other two people, I stopped in my tracks quickly, inertia making me lean forward before I caught myself. I looked at the two people, and quickly spoke up.

"S-sorry," I said sincerely "I just heard the noise and....I-I'm terribly sorry," I said, bowing to them in respect. Then I backed away slowly into the forest, not wanting to bother the strangers. I wasn't a very gregarious person after something that happened quite a few years ago. I couldn't even remember what happened; I had done a pretty good job of blocking it out of my mind....But what ever it was, it made me a completely different person.....
Back to top Go down
Batgirl
Admin
Batgirl

PostSubject: Re: Sword Fighting Show Down: The Future   Sword Fighting Show Down: The Future Icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2008 4:55 am

I was about to say something when a girl came practically crashing through the trees. I listened as she spoke, and there was something very familiar about her. As she backed away, I spoke, my eyes narrowed at her.

"Lynn?" I asked. Before she answered, I spoke again. "No, that would be too much of a coincidence." I said, doubting it was her.
Back to top Go down
Spooky
Admin
Spooky

PostSubject: Re: Sword Fighting Show Down: The Future   Sword Fighting Show Down: The Future Icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2008 4:59 am

I stopped backing up as soon as the guy had said 'Lynn'. Considering the coincident that happened to me 3 or 4 years ago, I had no idea who this guy could be. Or if I could trust him or not. So I spoke up, trying to keep my voice as steady and innocent as I possibly could.

"No. My name is Airi. Airi Sora." I pulled my hand gently through my hair, trying to get the tangles out. Trying to distract myself....
Back to top Go down
El
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Sword Fighting Show Down: The Future   Sword Fighting Show Down: The Future Icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2008 5:00 am

I glanced at the woman who had just scrambled through the trees... she seemed dazed and confused,and groveling at our feet. "Lynn..." Jonathan had said. Did I know a Lynn? I racked my mind for any memories of the name... yes! She was Jonathan's friend, the one with two swords.
But obviously, this woman wasn't Lynn. Airi Sora. She seemed extremely uneasy, and apprehensive.
Back to top Go down
Batgirl
Admin
Batgirl

PostSubject: Re: Sword Fighting Show Down: The Future   Sword Fighting Show Down: The Future Icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2008 5:02 am

I could tell she was lying. I spoke.

"I've been lied to many times," I started. "I can tell when someone is lying. I recognize you, but you obvisouly don't recognize either of us. Tell me, do you remember a Jonathan?" I asked, trying to jog her memory.
Back to top Go down
Spooky
Admin
Spooky

PostSubject: Re: Sword Fighting Show Down: The Future   Sword Fighting Show Down: The Future Icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2008 5:10 am

"First of all," I said, narrowing my eyes, "I'm not lying to you. My name IS Airi. Airi Akemi Sora. Daughter of Syra and Chou Sora." I tried making my voice sound a little more...kind.
"And second....Jonathan? Hmm....." I racked my brain, thinking over as far back as to when I was 16 years old. "Nope....I've never heard a 'Jonathan'," I said, using air quotes around the name. And I wasn't lying that time either; that name didn't ring a bell.
Back to top Go down
Batgirl
Admin
Batgirl

PostSubject: Re: Sword Fighting Show Down: The Future   Sword Fighting Show Down: The Future Icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2008 5:17 am

I stared at her. I KNEW it was her, but for some reason, she was lying to me. I sighed, looking around.

"Fine." I stated simply. I put my hands in the pockets of my overcoat, trying to remember what had happeed the last time I saw her. It had been so long ago, and so many things had happened.
Back to top Go down
Spooky
Admin
Spooky

PostSubject: Re: Sword Fighting Show Down: The Future   Sword Fighting Show Down: The Future Icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2008 6:17 am

I nodded, then I finished brushing through my hair with my fingers, picking out little twigs and leaves as I did. Then I straightened out my long, green skirt and shirt.
Finally, I spoke up again.

"If you don't have anything else to say, do either one of you know the way out of this forest?" I asked brusquely, touching the swords in the sheaths on my back lightly. I was just reasuring myself that they were there. I wasn't too sure about these two....I felt malaise around them. But there was something infintesimal that I could feel inside me....I wasn't sure what it was, but I kept telling myself that it was nothing....But how would this guy know my real name? I hadn't gone by Lynn for nearly fourteen years now....I just have to keep strong and tough, I told myself.
Back to top Go down
Batgirl
Admin
Batgirl

PostSubject: Re: Sword Fighting Show Down: The Future   Sword Fighting Show Down: The Future Icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2008 6:59 am

I noticed her touch her swords and realized that she was a little hesitant about Elandri and I. I turned, glancing at Elandri, my eyelids half over my eyes. I sighed and, turned back to "Airi".

"As much as I hate to admit it, no, I do not know how to get out of here. It's been a very long time since I've been here." I turned back to Elandri. "What about you?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sword Fighting Show Down: The Future   Sword Fighting Show Down: The Future Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sword Fighting Show Down: The Future
Page 1 of 9Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Cool Zone for kids!-
Jump to: