The Cool Zone for kids!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Cool Zone for kids!

The place for kids!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Chance Meeting-An Avatar Story

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31  Next
AuthorMessage
Spooky
Admin
Spooky

Female Number of posts : 4997
Current Location : Why?....Are you stalking me?! o.O'
Humor : "Every fight is a food fight when you're a canibal"....What?
Hobbies : Things....Certain things....
Registration date : 2008-02-12

Chance Meeting-An Avatar Story - Page 28 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chance Meeting-An Avatar Story   Chance Meeting-An Avatar Story - Page 28 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2009 4:08 am

((Sorry, sorry! '^^))

~Star~

As I wiped the fresh tears from my eyes, I heard voices behind me. They belonged to Summer and Sorin, I was sure. I reluctantly stood up and walked back over to them, staring at the ground. I was speechless. I could not think of a single word to say.

A few moments of silence went by, but my voice finally broke it.

"Maybe we should start heading back? It's obvious that you're the only two that followed me here. What if everyone else is worried?" I was going to continue, saying that the soldiers would be back, looking for us, but my voice broke. I couldn't say any more.
I had just saying something at all to get my mothers death off my mind. And what else to say?

I wished so much that I could stay with my mother. But what else could I do? What if the soldiers came back and spotted me. My mother gave her life to protecting me. I had to take that advantage. We all had to leave this city as fast as we could. The soldiers had probably left her body there to come look for all of us. They would be back later to retrieve it.
So, without either Sorin or Summer answering my questions, I started off, walking back the way we came. I stopped, giving my mother's body one last glance.
Back to top Go down
Batgirl
Admin
Batgirl

Female Number of posts : 11042
Current Location : Here.
Humor : Uh...moo?
Hobbies : ...Writing, reading, volunteering, and just doing stuff.
Registration date : 2008-01-08

PostSubject: Re: Chance Meeting-An Avatar Story   Chance Meeting-An Avatar Story - Page 28 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2009 6:07 am

(Just curious...but they're supposed to be letting the soldiers take Mariko away, right? ^^')
Back to top Go down
Spooky
Admin
Spooky

PostSubject: Re: Chance Meeting-An Avatar Story   Chance Meeting-An Avatar Story - Page 28 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2009 2:08 am

((Yesh. Star's way too...absorbed (not the right word for it, I know '^^) in her mother's death right now. She could care less about Mariko. So she hasn't really noticed. Not sure about your people, though. Razz))
Back to top Go down
Batgirl
Admin
Batgirl

PostSubject: Re: Chance Meeting-An Avatar Story   Chance Meeting-An Avatar Story - Page 28 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2009 2:23 am

(Nah, they'd probably forget about her...Not, like, not care, just not remember...^^' Anyway, thanks, I just had to know before I typed anything up...Wanted to know if I should have them go save Mariko or something. Razz)

~Sorin~

Summer and I exchanged glances, then caught up with Star. We both walked on either side of her. I just stared at the ground in front of me, when suddenly I heard Summer say something.

"I'm sorry, Star..." She said, kind of quietly.
Back to top Go down
Spooky
Admin
Spooky

PostSubject: Re: Chance Meeting-An Avatar Story   Chance Meeting-An Avatar Story - Page 28 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2009 2:53 am

((Yeah...'^^))

~Star~

I heard Summer appoligize from beside me. I hadn't even realized she and Summer were standing at my side until she spoke up.

"Thanks," I replied, my voice breaking slightly again. I continued to walk the way I had come.

I stopped in my tracks once I saw a group of soldiers, searching a part of the town. I looked back over at Sorin and Summer.
Back to top Go down
Batgirl
Admin
Batgirl

PostSubject: Re: Chance Meeting-An Avatar Story   Chance Meeting-An Avatar Story - Page 28 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2009 3:33 am

~Summer~

We were walking for a few moments, when suddenly Star stopped. I looked up, and noticed a group of soldiers searching a part of the town near us. We couldn't get back to the group unless we passed them. I instantly started looking around for some sort of alternate path, and saw it in the rooftops of some houses and stores near us.

"Come on," I said, motioning Sorin and Star to follow me. I walked towards the houses, watching the soldiers the whole time.
Back to top Go down
Spooky
Admin
Spooky

PostSubject: Re: Chance Meeting-An Avatar Story   Chance Meeting-An Avatar Story - Page 28 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2009 4:24 am

~Star~

I wasn't sure where Summer was leading us, but she had motioned for Sorin and I to follow her. So we did.

We started walking towards some houses. I was wary of the soldiers the whole time we were walking, hoping they wouldn't notice us.

Once Summer stopped behind a few houses, I asked her what she planned to do.

((Sorry it was short-ish. '^^))
Back to top Go down
Batgirl
Admin
Batgirl

PostSubject: Re: Chance Meeting-An Avatar Story   Chance Meeting-An Avatar Story - Page 28 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2009 4:29 am

~Summer~

"We're going to go up there," I said, pointing to the rooftops. "The soldiers will never notice us, as long as we stay low," I continued.

I looked up above us. The rooftop was maybe six or seven feet above us. I sighed, then looked at Sorin.

"Give me a boost," I said. He looked at me like I was crazy.

"What?" He asked.

"Give me a boost!" I repeated, then grabbed him by the sleeve, making him stand next to the wall.
Back to top Go down
Spooky
Admin
Spooky

PostSubject: Re: Chance Meeting-An Avatar Story   Chance Meeting-An Avatar Story - Page 28 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 1:39 am

~Star~

Once Summer explained her plan, it actually sounded plausible. She planned to use the roofs of some of the houses to get out of the town, without the soldiers seeing us. So, if we could get away with it, without the soldiers catching us, it would be a good idea.

I watched Sorin and Summer bicker about how to get ontop of this roof, which was about six or seven feet above us. Summer wanted Sorin to give her a boost, and he seemed surprised.

"Give me a boost!" she repeated. If I wasn't so wrapped up in my somewhat selfish pain, I would've laughed.

Once Summer was up on the roof, Sorin looked around. He was probably wondering how he was going to get up there himself.

"Here, do you want a boost?" I offered.
Back to top Go down
Batgirl
Admin
Batgirl

PostSubject: Re: Chance Meeting-An Avatar Story   Chance Meeting-An Avatar Story - Page 28 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 1:50 am

~Sorin~

"Uhh, sure," I answered after Star asked me if I wanted a boost.

(Sorry it's so short...I couldn't think of anything else. ^^')
Back to top Go down
Spooky
Admin
Spooky

PostSubject: Re: Chance Meeting-An Avatar Story   Chance Meeting-An Avatar Story - Page 28 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 1:53 am

(('Tis okay!))

~Star~

I helped Sorin onto the roof, and then got myself up there by using a little pillar of air to raise myself up.

Once I was up, I looked around, noticing where the soldiers were.

"Okay, which way?" I asked.
Back to top Go down
Batgirl
Admin
Batgirl

PostSubject: Re: Chance Meeting-An Avatar Story   Chance Meeting-An Avatar Story - Page 28 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 1:55 am

~Summer~

"This way," I answered, and started walking directly in front of us. I ducked down, hoping the soldiers wouldn't notice us.

We came to the egde of the rooftop a few moments later. The next roof was only about five feet away.

"We'll have to jump," I said, kind of nervous. That might draw attention.
Back to top Go down
Spooky
Admin
Spooky

PostSubject: Re: Chance Meeting-An Avatar Story   Chance Meeting-An Avatar Story - Page 28 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 2:19 am

~Star~

I nodded when we came to the next roof. Summer said we would have to jump. It shouldn't be too hard for me, but it might be a chalange to Summer and Sorin. And, it would probably look weird.

"So how are we going to do this?" I asked, curious. The soldiers weren't close to us, but if someone else noticed, it could draw attention. And that would be bad.

((Sorry....I can't think of anything great to write. xP))
Back to top Go down
Batgirl
Admin
Batgirl

PostSubject: Re: Chance Meeting-An Avatar Story   Chance Meeting-An Avatar Story - Page 28 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 3:36 am

I let out a sigh. It'd be fairly easy for me to do this jump, and I'm guessing probably for Star, but I wasn't sure about Sorin.

"Guess we'll just have to hope no one notices us," I said, then took a few steps back. I turned my head to Sorin.

"Think you'll be able to make the jump?" I asked.

"Sure," He said, not sound incredibly believable.

I nodded, then took a few more steps back. Then, I ran past the two of them, and leapt. I landed hard, but on my feet, on the next roof.
Back to top Go down
Batgirl
Admin
Batgirl

PostSubject: Re: Chance Meeting-An Avatar Story   Chance Meeting-An Avatar Story - Page 28 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 4:04 am

(*COUGH COUGH*)

((...Razz))
Back to top Go down
Spooky
Admin
Spooky

PostSubject: Re: Chance Meeting-An Avatar Story   Chance Meeting-An Avatar Story - Page 28 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 4:11 am

((Sorry! Like I told you, I've been SUPER busy with homework! '^^))

~Star~

I lept over the space between the two houses, easily landing on my feet on the other side. I looked back over at Sorin, who seemed hesitant. Then I looked over at the soldiers. They were getting closer, but they probably wouldn't find us ontop of the roofs. If we could just stay unnoticed long enough....

((Sorry it was so short! I couldn't think of anything else to write! '^^))
Back to top Go down
Batgirl
Admin
Batgirl

PostSubject: Re: Chance Meeting-An Avatar Story   Chance Meeting-An Avatar Story - Page 28 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 4:18 am

(That's okay! ^^ Just didn't want this to get forgotten. ^^')

~Sorin~

I was a little nervous about having to jump over such a large gap, but the soldiers seemed to be getting closer to us, so I knew I had to hurry. I took a few steps back, then ran, leaping over to the other side. I got there, but landed roughly.

"Ow.." I said, my leg hurting a little. I shook it off, then looked back at the soldiers.

"Let's go," I said, and started to sneak across this rooftop. It seemed as though the rest of the rooftops were closer together, so we wouldn't have this "problem" again.
Back to top Go down
Spooky
Admin
Spooky

PostSubject: Re: Chance Meeting-An Avatar Story   Chance Meeting-An Avatar Story - Page 28 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2009 11:48 pm

~Star~

Most of the rooftops from this point on seemed to be closer together. So the whole 'jumping from one roof to another' thing would not slow us down any more.

I continued to glide over the rooftops, trying to keep my mind clear. I couldn't let myself get distracted by anything. It would just slow me down. And I wanted to get out of this terrible place as soon as I could.

I followed behind Sorin and Summer until the line of rooftops had ended. We kept running, avoiding the Fire Nation soldiers the best we could.

Since I had been following Summer and Sorin, they didn't realize that I had stopped running. I had run into a girl, knocking us both down. The girl had gotten up before me, and was now glaring down at me. She was probably my age, with long black hair and piercing golden eyes. As I stood back up, I mumbled an apology and wiped the dirt off of my Fire Nation dress.
I watched as Sorin and Summer continued to run, not even realizing I had stopped following.

I wanted to continue down the path. To get out of there as quick as I could. But the girl stopped me.

"It's okay...Hey, have I seen you before? You look sort of familiar," the girl stated, looking me over.

"Uh, no. I don't think so." I replied, rushed. "I'm just visiting."

"Oh. Where are you visiting from?" the girl asked, curiousty lighting her eyes.

I sighed, not answering at first. I watched Sorin and Summer disappear into the crowd of people.

Great, I thought to myself. Just great.
Back to top Go down
Batgirl
Admin
Batgirl

PostSubject: Re: Chance Meeting-An Avatar Story   Chance Meeting-An Avatar Story - Page 28 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 12:14 am

(...I can't really remember her story/attitude so much, so this is just a guess because of how she looks, but would this girl by any chance be Lynn?)

~Summer~

We climbed off of the rooftops, and started running even faster. There was a crowd of people, but we just kind of pushed past them. The soldiers were far behind by now, but we wanted to get out of there as soon as possible.
Back to top Go down
Spooky
Admin
Spooky

PostSubject: Re: Chance Meeting-An Avatar Story   Chance Meeting-An Avatar Story - Page 28 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 3:21 am

((Yep, it's Lynn. ^^ I just thought it'd be interesting to have a cameo here. Razz I've never really had Star and Lynn in the same story-thing, so I though it'd be interesting.))

~Star~

"Uhh...I'm visiting from...the Earth Kingdom." I replied to the girl in red, trying to refocus.

"The Earth Kingdom?" the girl repeated, sounding a little shocked. "Isn't it a little dangerous to be here, in the Fire Nation capital?" She looked me over once more.

"Yeah...That's why I've got to be going." My voice was rushed, my tone concerned.

"Going where?" The girls voice was innocent, like that of a child. "And why so rushed? I'm sure the Fire Nation won't notice you, since you're dressed like everyone else here. Unless, of course..." She stopped, looking over my shoulder.

"Unless?" I urged, wondering what she was saying.

"Unless those soldiers over there are the ones looking for you. They seem...mad." She squinted her eyes, getting a better look at the soldiers, I figured. "And determined. If they're after you, I'd suggest you get out of here."

Her eyes stayed focused on the soldiers behind me. I risked a glance over my soldier, only to find that the soldiers were quite far off.

My mind was suddenly racing, thinking back to the group that awaited Sorin, Summer, and I. But it was immediatly stopped when I heard a man's voice yell from nearby. I flinched, afraid it was the soldier. But the girl's annoyed expression assured me otherwise.

"That's my 'father'," she said, putting emphasis on the word 'father'.

One more glance at the soldiers, and the girl was dragging me with her to where the voice came from.

"What are you doing?!" I asked, shocked.

"I can't let the soldiers see you! You've got to come with me. You'll be safe at my house."

"But I've g-" I started, but was cut off when the girl continued to drag me towards her house.
Back to top Go down
Batgirl
Admin
Batgirl

PostSubject: Re: Chance Meeting-An Avatar Story   Chance Meeting-An Avatar Story - Page 28 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 3:37 am

(Yay! I got it right! Razz ...Gah...so...many...things....keeping them from leaving! Razz)

~Summer~

We had been running for what I think to be about five minutes or so, when I realized something; Star wasn't with us.

"Stop," I said to Sorin, grabbing him by the arm and making him skid to a stop.

"What is i-...Where's Star?" He asked, looking around.

"I don't know..." I said.
Back to top Go down
Spooky
Admin
Spooky

PostSubject: Re: Chance Meeting-An Avatar Story   Chance Meeting-An Avatar Story - Page 28 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 4:35 am

((Sorry! Razz I'll try to make this "visit" short! Razz))

~Star~

After I was forcefully pulled into this girl's house, in her attempt to save me from the soldiers, I took a deep breath.

"Look, I'd love to stay and chat, but-" I started, only to be cut off by the girl.

"You're the girl who just lost her mother, right?" she asked, concern tinting her voice.

"Y-yeah...How did you-?" Again, I was cut off.

"I had been buying some food when all of it happened. And I saw what the soldiers did. I also saw you go up to her, and the way you looked at her...I just figured you'd have to be her daughter."

I was shocked. From what I remembered, the closest place to buy food in that little shopping area was pretty far away. So was this girl lying to me? Or could she possibly see everything that happened, right down to the expression on my face?
Back to top Go down
Batgirl
Admin
Batgirl

PostSubject: Re: Chance Meeting-An Avatar Story   Chance Meeting-An Avatar Story - Page 28 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 12:52 am

~Summer~

We immediately started backtracking, silently praying that the soldiers hadn't caught her. We couldn't take another setback. We were so close.

(Sorry it's so short...Not sure if I want them to make it all the way back to the marketplace. I'm not sure what I'd do with them if they made it there...Razz)
Back to top Go down
Spooky
Admin
Spooky

PostSubject: Re: Chance Meeting-An Avatar Story   Chance Meeting-An Avatar Story - Page 28 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 4:23 am

(('Tis okay. Razz Yeah, I wouldn't make them go all the way back to the marketplace. Star should be getting out of this..."prediciment" soon. Razz))

~Star~

"Look, I'm glad you're concerned about my safety," I said, not trying to sound too harsh, "but I have to go."

"Why?" the girl asked curiously.

"Because my friends are waiting for me."

I saw the confusion in the girl's eyes. What didn't she get?

Without another word, I turned myself around and started towards the outside of the house. When I got about an inch away from the door, I turned around again.

"Thanks," I muttered. Immediatly after, I turned around again, and ran out the door.

The soldiers were closer now. Way too close to just sneak off. So, trying my best, I blended in with the rest of the Fire Nation citizens. I kept my pace steady, not wanting to stand out.

But the soldiers were still close. I could hear their murmered voices behind me. Their footsteps kept getting closer....Their voices were getting clearer....Closer, closer....Their footsteps were right behind me now.

"Excuse me, miss?" One of the soldier's voices boomed in my ear.

I snapped. I couldn't handle talking to that monster.

So I ran. I ran so fast, I could only think of one other time my legs had gone so fast on the ground. It was the day my village was being attacked by the same monsters who stood behind me.

I ran until my chest was hurting. And I still ran after that. But no matter how fast I ran, or how far I ran, they were still behind me. I couldn't outrun them. Why was I even trying?

I couldn't outrun them. I knew this as a fact. So I stopped running. I had stopped so quickly, I almost fell to my face. But I regained my balance, turning to face the soldiers. I was breathing heavily, trying to catch my breath.

Once the soldiers got close enough, I kicked one of them in the face. All of his 'friends' glared at me, then at him, anger burning in all of their eyes.

And so the fight was on. How many distractions until I could get out of this place?

((Don't worry; I'll make it short. Or maybe Sorin and Summer can come in and help poor ol' Star? Razz))
Back to top Go down
Batgirl
Admin
Batgirl

PostSubject: Re: Chance Meeting-An Avatar Story   Chance Meeting-An Avatar Story - Page 28 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 5:08 am

(Yesh! Anything to get them out of their quicker! Razz)

~Summer~

We had been searching for maybe a few minutes or so when I noticed a fight breaking out ahead of us. There was a bunch of Fire Nation soldiers, and amidst them was Star.

"C'mon!" I shouted at Sorin, and ran towards them.

They all seemed to be focused on Star, and didn't even notice us...Well, me. I had pretty much left Sorin in the dust. Anyway, I immediately grabbed one of them from behind, putting my arm around their neck. They let out a small yell of surpise, then a grunt when I threw them to the ground.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chance Meeting-An Avatar Story   Chance Meeting-An Avatar Story - Page 28 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Chance Meeting-An Avatar Story
Page 28 of 31Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Cool Zone for kids!-
Jump to: