The Cool Zone for kids!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Cool Zone for kids!

The place for kids!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Chance Meeting (Rewrite)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Batgirl
Admin
Batgirl

Female Number of posts : 11042
Current Location : Here.
Humor : Uh...moo?
Hobbies : ...Writing, reading, volunteering, and just doing stuff.
Registration date : 2008-01-08

Chance Meeting (Rewrite) Empty
PostSubject: Chance Meeting (Rewrite)   Chance Meeting (Rewrite) Icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2009 10:22 pm

Okay, so, Spooky and I have decided to rewrite 'Chance Meeting'. Soo...that's what this is. ^^'

---

-Sorin-

The day was seemingly going on forever. The sun was so hot, it was even making me sweat.

We had no idea where we were going. The Fire Nation could've taken my parents anywhere. I suspected they might take them back to the Fire Nation, but how in the world were we supposed to get there? I was exausted. I was starting to believe I'd never see either of my parents again.

I guess Summer noticed me lost in thought, because I suddenly felt a finger poke me hardly. I looked at her, and she smirked slightly.

"What's on your mind?" She asked, a curious look on her face.

"Nothing rea-" I was obviously going to say more, but that's when some movement in the forest caught my eye. It was seemingly a person.

Great. I thought to myself.

"What?" Summer asked, obviously wondering why I'd stopped.

"Over there," I whispered, pointing in the direction of the person, who looked to be a girl. I was understandably concerned. The Fire Nation was everywhere. Although I doubted they often traveled in numbers of one, my somewhat paranoid self made me worried.

---

I was gonna do something through Summer's point-of-view, too, but I figured that was already kind of long, and there wasn't much I could add. ^^'
Back to top Go down
Spooky
Admin
Spooky

Female Number of posts : 4997
Current Location : Why?....Are you stalking me?! o.O'
Humor : "Every fight is a food fight when you're a canibal"....What?
Hobbies : Things....Certain things....
Registration date : 2008-02-12

PostSubject: Re: Chance Meeting (Rewrite)   Chance Meeting (Rewrite) Icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2009 10:42 pm

(Woohoo, it's posted! Alrighty, let me think of some semi-good way to start off....'^^)

---

-Star-

My mind was racing. I knew that I was in a forest, and I knew that the sun was beating down harshly. But, other than that, I paid little attention to my surroundings. Too many thoughts were flowing through my head.

Honestly, I had no real idea of why I was even here, wherever I was. I knew that my destination was Ba Sing Se, but I was seemingly lost, unaware of my location now.

The past couple of hours had been a daze. I was aimlessly wandering the forest, trying to think things through, I suppose. I had no idea where I was, where I was going.

But I was soon distracted by movement up ahead. I noticed two people, and became instantly wary.
I noticed one of them pointing at me. I had been hating attention lately. Actually, lately, I had been hating...well, almost everything, to be quite honest. But, getting on the friendliest face I could manage, I made my way up to the two figures. For all I knew, they could be Fire Nation. But I continued walking until I reached the two.

It was hot, and I was tired. All I could hope for was that these two people were friendly.

---

(Wow, I hate that. - -' I'll try to do better on my next post, but I absolutely hate alot of my beginning thingies. '^^)
Back to top Go down
Batgirl
Admin
Batgirl

PostSubject: Re: Chance Meeting (Rewrite)   Chance Meeting (Rewrite) Icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2009 11:06 pm

That was really good!

---

-Summer-

At first, I thought Sorin was avoiding the question or something. But there turned out to actually be someone there. They looked to be a girl. And now they were walking towards us.

I was staring straight ahead at her, but I noticed out of the corner of my eye Sorin getting a little tense. He was obviously nervous.

I put up my hood, hoping she wasn't Fire Nation--or, more specifically, someone that would recognize me. I had seen the wanted posters of myself in numerous Earth Kingdom turned Fire Nation towns, and that was bad.

Anyway, they finally arrived a few feet in front of us. Sorin, being the friendly person he was, said something.

"Hello," He said. I looked her over. She seemed harmless enough, but looks could always be decieving.
Back to top Go down
Spooky
Admin
Spooky

PostSubject: Re: Chance Meeting (Rewrite)   Chance Meeting (Rewrite) Icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2009 11:34 pm

--Star--

Once I was close enough, the boy, about my age, muttered a hello. I nodded in response. Then I looked over them both. The girl, also around my age, was wearing a hood, like she did not want to be recognized.

"I'm Star," I said, introducing myself. There was a short silence.
"And you are...?" I asked them both politely.

I did my best to conceal the blue arrows on my body. My clothes were long enough, and my hair was long enough, but I always seemed edgy, almost wary, around strangers. You had a hard time trusting anyone these days.
I smiled, trying to hide the distrusting and uncomftorable feeling inside of me.
Back to top Go down
Batgirl
Admin
Batgirl

PostSubject: Re: Chance Meeting (Rewrite)   Chance Meeting (Rewrite) Icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2009 11:37 pm

-Summer-

"Summer," I muttered, still wary. I had learned, the friendlier a person is, the more suspicious you should be.

"I'm Sorin," Sorin answered from beside me, smiling slightly. I glared at him, but he didn't seem to notice.
Back to top Go down
Spooky
Admin
Spooky

PostSubject: Re: Chance Meeting (Rewrite)   Chance Meeting (Rewrite) Icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2009 12:00 am

--Star--

"Summer. Sorin," I repeated, looking at them as I said their name, trying to get it in my head.

When I realized I was missing something, I looked around. Noting that it was just my bag and my glider, I remembered that I had left them in the forest, hidden. If these strangers could not be trusted, I did not want them knowing that I was an Airbender.
Y'know, there was a funny story behind that glider. It was my great grandfather's, passed down from generation, but my father had fixed it up for me, giving it to me as a birthday present when I turned twelve. I was the happiest girl in the whole village that day. It was perfect. It was wonderful. And now, it was all I had left to remind me of my parents.
I snapped out of my thinking as soon as my thoughts were directed to my parents.

"So, if you don't mind me asking, what brings you two here, out in the middle of this forest?" I asked, as friendly as I could manage.

---

(I'm just gonna say they're in the middle of a forest, cuz I'm not really sure exactly where they are. '^^)
Back to top Go down
Batgirl
Admin
Batgirl

PostSubject: Re: Chance Meeting (Rewrite)   Chance Meeting (Rewrite) Icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2009 12:46 am

(Yeah, that's where I figured they were, too. ^^)

-Sorin-

"Uh...well," I stumbled, trying to come up with an explanation.

"Just traveling," I heard Summer say from beside me. Technically, I guess, that was the truth. Just, missing a few pieces.

"Yes," I agreed, smiling nervously. "You?" I asked Star.
Back to top Go down
Spooky
Admin
Spooky

PostSubject: Re: Chance Meeting (Rewrite)   Chance Meeting (Rewrite) Icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 1:40 am

--Star--

At first, Sorin was hesitant. So Summer finally answered for him. Then they asked what I was doing out in the forest.

"Same as you, I suppose," I answered, smiling back. "I'm headed towards Ba Sing Se, although I'm sort of lost at the moment," I admitted, laughing nervously.

"Uhm, would either of you know the way there? Or the way out of this forest, at least?" I asked, rubbing the back of my head sheepishly.

---

(Darn you shortness/lack of a good idea of something to write...thingy! Hehe....'^^)
Back to top Go down
Batgirl
Admin
Batgirl

PostSubject: Re: Chance Meeting (Rewrite)   Chance Meeting (Rewrite) Icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 1:57 am

-Sorin-

"Uhh...no. We have a map, though. Maybe we can figure it out," I suggested, grapping my knap sack thing, and taking the map out of it. I first tried to open it and keep it in my hands, but it was too large, so I set it down on the ground. As I tried to figure out where my village was, so that I could try and calcuate where we might be, Summer spoke.

"We're here," She blurted out, poking her figure at a spot on the map with a small amount of dark green, assumingly indicating a forest of some sort.
Back to top Go down
Spooky
Admin
Spooky

PostSubject: Re: Chance Meeting (Rewrite)   Chance Meeting (Rewrite) Icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 2:01 am

-Star-

I watched quietly as Sorin pulled a large map out of his knap sack, laying it out on the ground. I examined the map, trying to figure out where we were.
Before I could speak up, Summer pointed to a dark green area on the map, announcing that that's where we were.

"How can you be so sure?" I asked, not doubtingly. Just curious, I guess.

While I awaited her answer, I looked over the map again, spotting Ba Sing Se. If that's where I was headed, I would have to find a safe route to get me from here to there. I tried to calculate how long the journey would take me in my head. I wasn't exactly sure how to get there, but the nearest town was fairly close. I could figure things out from there....
Back to top Go down
Batgirl
Admin
Batgirl

PostSubject: Re: Chance Meeting (Rewrite)   Chance Meeting (Rewrite) Icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 2:13 am

-Summer-

Star asked how I could be sure that's where we were.

"I've spent a lot of time staring and studying maps. We are definetly right there," I repeated, somewhat coldly, not taking my eyes off the map.

(Sorry it's so short...^^')
Back to top Go down
Spooky
Admin
Spooky

PostSubject: Re: Chance Meeting (Rewrite)   Chance Meeting (Rewrite) Icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 3:58 am

('Tis okay! Razz)

---

-Star-

"Ah," I replied simply. I straightened back up.

"Well, thanks for the assistance," I thanked, smiling. "I should probably be on my way."

Suddenly, a thought hit me. It was probably dangerous, traveling to Ba Sing Se alone. So I decided to try something.

"Hey, do you guys mind if I...travel with you? I mean, I won't be a burden. And it'd be great to have company to travel with. Once I get to my destination, I'll be off your backs forever. Promise," I said, laughing nervously. I awaited their reply, feeling like an idiot. I was putting a great deal too much of trust in these two strangers. They seemed harmless enough, but looks can be decieving. For all I knew, I could have been putting my life on the line traveling with them.
But, for some reason, I felt that I could trust these two. I just hoped that I was right.

---

(Sorry for ending it...weirdly. '^^ ....Now I'm starting to suck at endings, too. Darn it! D: (Razz) )
Back to top Go down
Batgirl
Admin
Batgirl

PostSubject: Re: Chance Meeting (Rewrite)   Chance Meeting (Rewrite) Icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 4:12 am

(...I never said that I sucked at endings...in this, at least...^^')

-Sorin-

"Um...o...kay. Sure, why not," I said, smiling. Then I looked over at Summer, and I swear, if looks could kill, I'd be dead and in the ground. She didn't say anything, though.

I stood up, putting the map back in my pack. I looked around, no idea which way to go. Luckily, it seemed as though Summer did.

"Let's go," She mumbled, and started to walk in a different direction than we had been walking before. I stared at her for a moment, then turned my head at Star.

"I guess let's go," I stated, trying to smile.
Back to top Go down
Spooky
Admin
Spooky

PostSubject: Re: Chance Meeting (Rewrite)   Chance Meeting (Rewrite) Icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 4:28 am

(No, I was saying "too", because I always say that I suck at beginnings. I wasn't saying that you sucked at endings. Heh, sorry. '^^)

---

-Star-

"Thanks, guys," I said, smiling again. My mouth was starting to get tired. It seemed as if I hadn't smiled in years. Although, in reality, it had probably only been a week....

I shrugged as Summer said 'let's go', and I followed her. She seemed to know where she was going.
And she also seemed to be not-so ecstatic that I was traveling with them. I mean, I wouldn't exactly be happy either, but she seemed to overexaggerate it a little. I don't know; maybe it was just me....

Summer was walking somewhat ahead of Sorin and I, so I decided to try to make small talk with Sorin.

"So, where are you guys traveling to?" I asked, trying to be friendly.
Back to top Go down
Batgirl
Admin
Batgirl

PostSubject: Re: Chance Meeting (Rewrite)   Chance Meeting (Rewrite) Icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 4:32 am

(I see...okay...^^'

Also, you don't suck at either!)

-Sorin-

Oh great, I thought to myself. I was awful at coming up with excuses.

But, wait. Why did I have to lie? What was she going to do? I mean, Summer was already mad at me, how much worse could it get?

"Well...the Fire Nation, I guess," I said, glancing over at Summer. She didn't seem to notice me say that, so I continued.

"My parents were captured by the Fire Nation, and I'm trying to find them. Summer's...helping."
Back to top Go down
Spooky
Admin
Spooky

PostSubject: Re: Chance Meeting (Rewrite)   Chance Meeting (Rewrite) Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 6:18 am

(Why thank ya, M'Lady! Razz)

---

-Star-

At first, Sorin seemed hesitant to answer my question. But he told me that his parents were captured by the Fire Nation, and that he was looking for them.

"If I'm lucky, I'm going to look for my parents, too," I said, reffering to 'being lucky' as 'if they're still alive'. I had no idea what the Fire Nation did to my parents that night. They could have taken them to a prison, or they could have killed them on the spot. Who honeslty knows?

"Actually, I'm headed to Ba Sing Se, like I mentioned before," I continued. "I can look for my parents while I'm there, although that isn't my sole purpose for going," I said, laughing nervously. Basically, I was just rambling. I wanted to try to keep a friendly conversation going, so I could get them to trust me. It was sort of obvious that they had issues trusing me, as I had issues trusting them.
Back to top Go down
Batgirl
Admin
Batgirl

PostSubject: Re: Chance Meeting (Rewrite)   Chance Meeting (Rewrite) Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 11:15 pm

-Sorin-

Star told me that her parents had also been captured. She was going to Ba Sing Se, partly to look for them. I wondered what her other reason was.

I nodded my head after she finished talking, kind of just as an acknowledgment or something.

"Yeah...I have no idea where my parents might be. We just figured the Fire Nation might be a good place to look."
Back to top Go down
Spooky
Admin
Spooky

PostSubject: Re: Chance Meeting (Rewrite)   Chance Meeting (Rewrite) Icon_minitimeSat Jun 27, 2009 4:50 am

(Sorry for not posting here sooner! I forgot it was my turn to post. '^^)

--Star--

"Same here, basically," I answered, looking straight ahead.

There really wasn't much more to say about that topic. So it seemed to close itself, and the three of us walked through the forest in silence.

I looked around at the surroundings. There were trees all around, of course. The sky was blue, with a few puffy white clouds scattered here and there. The grass seemed plush and soft under my feet. There was a slight breeze, but nothing too extreme.
The scene was vaugly familiar. I laughed quietly, under my breath, as it stirred up memories. They were happy memories. And happy memories were a wonderful relief to me. This past week or two, only the negative was floating around in my head.
But knowing that there was still some positive inside was a wonderful promise, to me at least.

So I meditated on this happy memory, this wonderful feeling. I couldn't help but let a small smile crawl onto my lips, and I almost felt frivolous.

But I was soon broken out of this string of thoughts by a distraction.

---

(Hmm, what'll the distraction be? Hmmmm....I shall let you decide. >=] (Razz) )
Back to top Go down
Batgirl
Admin
Batgirl

PostSubject: Re: Chance Meeting (Rewrite)   Chance Meeting (Rewrite) Icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2009 4:22 am

(EVIL! And that's okay. ^^ I've forgotten lots of times.)

-Summer-

That moron. Telling some girl we'd barely just met our plans? UGH! I know he's new at this whole " not trusting anyone" thing, but come on. I thought it was common sense to at least get to know someone before trusting them with your plans.

Okay, my rant is over. We'd been walking through this forest for maybe seven minutes, me walking ahead of Sorin and his new best friend--who could very well turn out to be a murderer, and after she killed us, I'd get to tell him 'Told ya so!'. ...Yes, I'm paranoid.

Anyway, suddenly, I heard a rustling somewhere in the woods nearby. My first instinct was to reach for my swords, which I did, not before holding up my hand as a signal to Sorin and the girl to tell them to stop. I scanned the bushes, and that's when I saw it; a Fire Nation soldier, dressed completely in green and black. A scout. Most likely sent ahead by his squad--who had probably made camp nearby--to check for any sign of life. A small village hidden in the woods, maybe a lone cabin. Anything they could destroy.

I stared at him, and he stared at me. Then he did what I least expected him to do: He ran. After a moment of standing there in shock and disbelief, I realized what he was doing: getting back-up. Why? Because he probably couldn't fight worth a darn. I'd seen it before. A Fire Nation squad picks out some random kid from a town they've taken over, someone they don't care about. They make them into a scout, because contrary to popular belief, it's actually a pretty dangerous job. They get caught, or if they're seen, they could be captured and killed, because whoever saw them thinks they're Fire Nation.

Now, if this kid's squad was nearby, I estimated we had about two minutes to get away from there. Although we were just three kids, traveling and minding our own business(Right.), this squad didn't know that, nor did they really care, probably. They'd kill us in the time it took them to blink.

I turned to Sorin and the girl.

"We have to get out of here," I said, as urgently as possible. I didn't have time to explain everything.

(Dang! O.O That was long!)
Back to top Go down
Spooky
Admin
Spooky

PostSubject: Re: Chance Meeting (Rewrite)   Chance Meeting (Rewrite) Icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 4:22 am

(Ohh, I haven't posted here in a while. Heh. '^^ Can we still go on with this?)
Back to top Go down
Batgirl
Admin
Batgirl

PostSubject: Re: Chance Meeting (Rewrite)   Chance Meeting (Rewrite) Icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 4:22 am

(Yes! Yay! Razz)
Back to top Go down
Spooky
Admin
Spooky

PostSubject: Re: Chance Meeting (Rewrite)   Chance Meeting (Rewrite) Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 2:20 am

--Star--

I stopped and looked over at Summer. She seemed...urgent.

"Why?" I asked, confused. "What's going on?"

I looked around, trying to find any sort of danger, or any reason she would sound so rushed. I didn't see anything. But, just by the tone of her voice alone, I knew something was wrong.

---

(Sorry it was so short. I couldn't think of much else. '^^)
Back to top Go down
Batgirl
Admin
Batgirl

PostSubject: Re: Chance Meeting (Rewrite)   Chance Meeting (Rewrite) Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 3:37 am

-Summer-

"The Fire Nation's here. And we're wasting time talking. We need to get away from here. Now." I explained as quickly as possible.

I noticed their confused stares, and sighed. I hurriedly tried to explain.

"I guess you guys didn't see. There was a scout watching us, not too far away. He saw me looking at him and took off running. Most likely to go and get his squad. So, we need to go."
Back to top Go down
Batgirl
Admin
Batgirl

PostSubject: Re: Chance Meeting (Rewrite)   Chance Meeting (Rewrite) Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 1:18 am

(...Continue?)
Back to top Go down
Spooky
Admin
Spooky

PostSubject: Re: Chance Meeting (Rewrite)   Chance Meeting (Rewrite) Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 2:01 am

(Hm....Si! XD That is, if you want to. Razz)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chance Meeting (Rewrite)   Chance Meeting (Rewrite) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Chance Meeting (Rewrite)
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Cool Zone for kids!-
Jump to: