The Cool Zone for kids!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Cool Zone for kids!

The place for kids!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Cat and The Mouse

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Batgirl
Admin
Batgirl

Female Number of posts : 11042
Current Location : Here.
Humor : Uh...moo?
Hobbies : ...Writing, reading, volunteering, and just doing stuff.
Registration date : 2008-01-08

The Cat and The Mouse Empty
PostSubject: The Cat and The Mouse   The Cat and The Mouse Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 3:33 am

Okay, here it is! Star and I's roleplaying-thing. ...Yay!

----

-Jonathan- (I may, at some point, possibly do something from someone else's point-of-view...Maybe.)

The week had been a boring one. No robberies, no crazed villains attempting to take over the city or kill innocent people, nothing. I was growing bored, which was a very rare thing for me. I was usually a patient person. But this...this was just tiring. Not many things were fun to me any more, but putting away maniacs was something I somewhat enjoyed.

Also, boring is not something I could easily cure. Even with a tower full of people, my team, I was still somewhat of a loner. I wasn't about to go and strike up a conversation with someone, or play video games with one of the kids. No, those days were long gone. I needed something interesting, something to take up my time.

Well, you know what they say; be careful what you wish for.

----

Okay...your turn, Star! ^^
Back to top Go down
Spooky
Admin
Spooky

Female Number of posts : 4997
Current Location : Why?....Are you stalking me?! o.O'
Humor : "Every fight is a food fight when you're a canibal"....What?
Hobbies : Things....Certain things....
Registration date : 2008-02-12

PostSubject: Re: The Cat and The Mouse   The Cat and The Mouse Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 3:46 am

Yayness! Ohh, good start. I will try to make mine as good as possible! '^^

---
-K.C.- (I may, also, at some point, do something from a different characters P.O.V...maybe...Razz)

Slowly, cautiously, I removed the knife from the lifeless corpse lying in the alleyway. The light of the day was begining to be swallowed up by the night, which was a huge advantage of mine.

I pulled out a white cloth, already stained red from previous use, and wiped the knife clean of the dark liquid dripping to the ground.

I was sure there were witnesses. Someone had to have heard the girl scream. But nobody could have possibly seen me. I carefully put the knife in it's sheath, and I slipped the gloves off my hand. This all had to be done with perfect precision, or there would be evidence. If there was evidence, there was no way I could ellude the police. I was "experienced" in doing what I had just finished doing, so I knew how to clean up after myself.

A few moments had passed, and I was still on my knees in the middle of the dark alley, the body of the blonde, teenage girl lying beside me. I heard police sirens go off, and took this as my cue. I swiftly got to my feet, grabbing my stuff as I did. And off into the darkness I had gone. Away from the sight of the rest of the world, I would stay well-hidden until I knew things were safe again. Like I said, I've had practice. I knew how to ellude people.

---

(Wow, sorry it was kinda long! '^^)
Back to top Go down
Batgirl
Admin
Batgirl

PostSubject: Re: The Cat and The Mouse   The Cat and The Mouse Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 3:54 am

Oooh, that was good! And long is good!

----

-Jonathan-

I was sitting in my room, the curtains closed, the only light coming from a desk light. I was listening to the police scanner I owned, now just hoping I could find something to do.

It was about maybe 6 or 7 'o clock when something remotely interesting happened; a homicide. Apparently, a girl had been murdered.

"I guess it's something," I muttered to myself, and got dressed.

I took the elevator down to the garage underneath the tower, and walked over to my motorcycle. I put on my helmet, and left the garage, heading towards the city.

I hadn't really bothered to tell anyone where I was going. No one'd be able to tell I had left, anyway. I usually stayed in my room at night.

----

Quick Random Description of Jon's Bike: All black, one of those sleek-looking motorcycles. Nothing really special about it...Oh, and his helmet is one of those ones that has the little glass-thing that comes down over your face.
Back to top Go down
Spooky
Admin
Spooky

PostSubject: Re: The Cat and The Mouse   The Cat and The Mouse Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 4:12 am

Thank you! Razz

---

-K.C.-

After only moments of roaming the streets, unnoticed, I was in the safety of my own home.

That was another one of my advantages. Being labeled. Everywhere I went, and basically by everyone I've ever know, I had been labeled a "freak". I was different, I didn't fit in. I spent most of my time hiding under black jackets and hoods. So nobody ever suspected me for being the murderer that I really was.

I spent a great deal of time alone. I barely ever went out into town for a sensable reason. Nowadays, the only person I really ever talked to was the girl I had once ran into about half a year ago. She's the only one that didn't immediatly label me, the only one who was willing to talk to me, and was brave enough to ask me what was wrong. I somewhat admired her for that. But she was still in high school, so, like I mentioned, I spent a great deal of my time alone.

Once I was under my own roof, I took off my special combat-like boots. I had ground the bottom of them off, so there would only be the shape of a boot as far as footprints at crime scenes went. They wouldn't be able to match the bottom of my regular boots with the footprints found at the crime.

After I had cleaned up and put everything away, I slipped on my regular boots and headed back out the door. Acting like a random passerby, I pretended to be surprised when I saw a large group of people crowded around the area in the alley I had been at moments ago. Acting like part of the crowd, I wore a false worried expression, blending in with the rest of the crowd. The police officers began to talk.

--

(Wow, sorry THAT was so long, too. '^^)
Back to top Go down
Batgirl
Admin
Batgirl

PostSubject: Re: The Cat and The Mouse   The Cat and The Mouse Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 4:24 am

-Jonathan-

After a few moments, I arrived at the crime scene. A large crowd of people had gathered, wanting to see what happened. I pushed past them, bumping shoulders with a young man wearing a worried expression on his face.

I got to the alley, and noticed the body in the middle of the alley, a sheet over it. I ducked under the "DO NOT CROSS" tape, and walked up to one of the idi-...cops.

"What happened to her?" I asked, obviously scaring the cop. He turned around, a nervous look on his face. For some reason, I always had that affect on the cops of Jump City. I think it was because they knew how useless they were with me-and my team- around.

"Uh, well," He stuttered, then continued. "She was, uh, stabbed...sir," He said. 'Sir'. That was funny.

"Did you find the weapon?"

"N-no...It looks like the mu-murderer to-took it with them, sir."

----

Sorry it kind of ended abruptly...I must leave! I'll see you tomorrow. ^^
Back to top Go down
Spooky
Admin
Spooky

PostSubject: Re: The Cat and The Mouse   The Cat and The Mouse Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 12:22 am

('Tis okay! ^^)

--K.C.--

I overheard two of the police officers talking. So far, my plan was working out perfectly. No fingerprints, no murder weapon, and practicly no evidence. I smiled to myself, pulling up my hood.

As one of the police officers- or who I thought was a police officer- walked my way, I stopped him politely.

"Excuse me, sir?" I asked, my voice quiet. "Uhm...I'm new here, and, uh...Well, I was just wondering if events like this happen often?" I made my voice sound weak, and somewhat scared. I was pulling this off perfectly.
What I had said was true. I had just moved here- about a year ago. And I was barely ever outside on the streets, barely ever in the town. This was only the second or third murder I had done here. So I honestly wanted to know if murders happened here often. If not, then that would make my job so much more fun.
Back to top Go down
Batgirl
Admin
Batgirl

PostSubject: Re: The Cat and The Mouse   The Cat and The Mouse Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 1:00 am

(I'm guessing who he thought was a cop was Jon, right? ^^' If not, I'll rewrite this...)

-Jonathan-

I asked that idiot of a cop a few more questions, took a look around the alley, then started to walk towards a detective who was asking a witness some questions. The detectives were usually a little more competent than the cops.

Before I could get over to him, someone stopped me. He looked to be the same guy I had bumped into before. He asked me if this kind of thing happened often.

First of all...I have no idea why he did that. I am not a friendly person! I do not have any sort of 'niceness' radiating from me. Yet, civilians always seem to think I'm nice just because I save them on a regular basis. (<---Ish Jon "venting" Razz)

Anyway, I answered him.

"Not often. And it's not like these worthless idiots ever even persue any kind of investigation for more than a couple of days," I said.
Back to top Go down
Spooky
Admin
Spooky

Humor : &quot;Every fight is a food fight when you're a canibal&quot;....What?

PostSubject: Re: The Cat and The Mouse   The Cat and The Mouse Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 1:12 am

(Yeah. ^^ I figured, to K.C., he wouldn't be able to tell that Jon wasn't a cop. '^^)

--K.C.--

"Oh, okay." I answered simply.

"It doesn't sound like you're a cop. Or like you like the cops." I said, trying to start some sort of strange conversation. Not something I did often. I usually did this; I usually went to the crime scene, acting like a normal citizen, then tried to converse with someone, to make myself look...innocent, for lack of a better word.

The man, not much older than myself, was glaring at me, like he didn't want to talk to me. He didn't seem very friendly. Not like it mattered.
But, before he got to answer, I heard a high, familiar voice coming from behind me.

"K.C.!" the voice shrilled from behind. I turned around, sighing.

--

(Before I forget, how old was Jon supposed to be during this? '^^)
Back to top Go down
Batgirl
Admin
Batgirl

PostSubject: Re: The Cat and The Mouse   The Cat and The Mouse Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 1:19 am

(34. ...I think. I get confused when trying to figure it out. I try to use the ages of the younger Titans to figure it out, but then I get even more confused. He's definetly in his early thirties, though. ^^')

-Jonathan-

Before I could answer his question, someone yelled out what I assumed to be his name; K.C. He turned around, seeming almost a little...annoyed.

I sighed, not really caring whether or not his question was answered. I turned to start walking towards that detective again, but he was already gone.
Back to top Go down
Spooky
Admin
Spooky

PostSubject: Re: The Cat and The Mouse   The Cat and The Mouse Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 2:18 am

(Okay, thanks. ^^ K.C. is around 21 years old. Maybe somewhere around 24...I haven't decided yet. Razz)

--K.C.--

I turned around to be met by an ecstatic girl, who was wearing all black, even in the heat of the day, pushing her way through the crowd. When she made her way towards me, the police officer- or whatever he was- was gone.

"Elle, what are you doing here?" I asked, slightly annoyed. "Shouldn't you be in school?"
The girl, Giselle (Elle for short), was only seventeen years old, and still in high school. This was the girl I had been talking about earlier; the only person I ever really talked to.

"No, we got out early for 'teacher meetings'. I don't really see the point, though; we only got out an hour earlier than usual." Elle usually spoke with her hands, using air quotations and gestures to get her point across.
"What's with the crowd, anyway?" she continued, looking back at me.

"Elle, dear, why do you think the crowd is here?" I answered, trying to stay unheard by everyone else.

"You didn't...?" Elle began, letting her two words drag on. I nodded once. She looked over at the crime scene, worried. "Why?"

"This isn't exactly the best place to explain, Elle. Why don't you come with me, and we can discuss this elsewhere." I said, starting to walk off. I knew the girl would follow eventually. But, at first, she was frozen in place. I looked over my shoulder, asking her if she was coming or not. She somewhat sprinted over to me, her black hair flying behind her wildly.
Once she was by my side again, we began walking away from the crowd, towards the place I called 'home', using the term loosely. We walked passed the person I had ran into again, and I gave one last glance at him. He noticed me, but I'm sure thought nothing of it.

You see, having insomnia does a funny thing to you. You see things in slow motion, even if they seem to be going extremely fast for the normal person's eyes. So I could remember things somewhat easier than most people. That's what I took a last look at the man's face. I wouldn't forget his face. I could remember it, and I could target him. I reveled in the thought, but continued walking. I decided to ask Elle if her parents knew where she was, just to keep my mind off of the subject for now.

--

(Just a side note here. Giselle's name is pronounced Jiz-elle...sorta. The 'g' sounds like a 'j', and the 's' sorta sounds like a 'z'...That's the best way I could explain it. Sorry. '^^)
Back to top Go down
Batgirl
Admin
Batgirl

PostSubject: Re: The Cat and The Mouse   The Cat and The Mouse Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 2:47 am

(That's okay, I know how it's pronounced. ^^ That's the name of my grandma's evil cat. ^^')

-Jonathan-

I tried to look for that detective, but gave up after a moment. It seemed as though he left. Actually, it seemed as though everyone else was leaving. The ME had just taken the girl's body away, and their was basically no evidence to collect. I sighed. Without any evidence, no witnesses, and basically no leads, this girl's case was probably going to immediately be discarded. I don't know why I cared, it's not like I knew her. But I did care.

I was about to go take another look at that alley when I noticed that guy from earlier. He was walking away with the girl that had yelled out his name earlier. There was something about that guy...No person cared that much about some girl he didn't even know. I brushed it off. But I was still going to see about looking him up in the Titans' database later.

(Sorry it's kind of...short. ^^')
Back to top Go down
Spooky
Admin
Spooky

PostSubject: Re: The Cat and The Mouse   The Cat and The Mouse Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 3:39 am

(Oh, okay. Razz And wait, what do you mean "No person cared that much about some girl he didn't even know"...Sorry, I'm confused. If you were talking about K.C., I don't think he was supposed to show any more care about the dead girl than all the other worried passer-bys. That is what you're talking about...right? '^^

Oh, I'll have to post something tomorrow! I have to get off. Talk to ya later. '^^)
Back to top Go down
Batgirl
Admin
Batgirl

PostSubject: Re: The Cat and The Mouse   The Cat and The Mouse Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 3:41 am

(Jon is cynical. He probably thinks that none of those people should care. Razz

You tease me with your fake reply! I thought you had posted(your next part)! ...Razz Alright...Bye!)
Back to top Go down
Spooky
Admin
Spooky

PostSubject: Re: The Cat and The Mouse   The Cat and The Mouse Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 3:02 am

(Oh, okay. Thanks for clearing that up. I just wasn't sure if you were talking about Jon or K.C. '^^)

--K.C.--

We followed the streets, blending in like normal citizens- except for our clothes, of course. We were both wearing nearly all black, I was wearing my combat boots, and Elle was wearing extremely high-heeled boots that reached her knees. She was also wearing a short-sleeved dressed with fishnet gloves reaching her elbows, and black leggings. We both stuck out in the street like dots of ink on an otherwise blank piece of paper.

We walked to Elle's house, since she didn't live too far away from the crime site. She knocked on the door, but nobody was home. Her father, I guessed, was out drinking again, and her mother usually worked until around six in the evening. So Elle opened the door using her spare key, and walked into the house. I stood at the threshold.

"Aren't you coming in?" she asked, laughing. "You don't have to be afraid. My parents aren't going to get mad or anything." She came back over to me, dragging me inside.

"Me, afraid of your parents? Nonsense," I joked. "Your parents barely even know I exist. I don't think they want a stranger in their house without them knowing about it." I continued seriously.

Elle began to think on this, but then it seemed like her mind went to something else completely.

"I have to show you something!" she said excitedly, leading me to her room upstairs. I followed silently, not sure how to respond.

--

(Sorry that was...kinda random. I just figured I should write a "passing" post to pass the time. I couldn't think of anything else. '^^)
Back to top Go down
Batgirl
Admin
Batgirl

PostSubject: Re: The Cat and The Mouse   The Cat and The Mouse Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 3:30 am

(It's okay. ^^' I honestly have no idea what I'm gonna write...Oooh!!! Maybe I could do something from...nah, I'll stay in Jon's point-of-view for now. ^^')

-Jonathan-

I left the crime scene, and headed back to the tower. After putting my bike back in the garage, I headed up to the common room. I was immediately met by the green/brown haired girl by the name of Sky. She looked extremely annoyed, and she was obviously going to tell me why. Oh, joy.

"Uncle Jon!" She said, almost screeching. I sighed.

"What?" I asked, preparing to hear what Wesley, her twin brother, had done now.

"You'll never guess what Wes did!"

"What?" I repeated, getting annoyed.

"He-" But before she could finish, Wesley rushed into the common room, and ran to push her out of the way.

"Don't listen to her, Uncle Jon!" He said, "She's lying!"

I just let out a frustrated sigh, then heard a few chuckles. I looked over by the kitchen and noticed Roy, sitting there watching. I turned my head back to Wesley and Sky, who were now arguing.

"You handle this. I'm busy," I said to Roy, and started to leave the room. Roy immediately jumped up, and jogged over to me.

"Busy with what?" He asked as we walked out of the room.

"Work," I answered, being as general as possible.

"What kind of work? Work work, or 'dress-up-in-a-uniform-and-go-stop-bad-dudes' work?" He pushed.

"...The second one," I replied, and stepped into the elevator that we had arrived work. Before he could ask any more, I pushed the button to close the doors, leaving him standing there.

----

(That was kinda random, too, wasn't it? ^^' Sorry...I couldn't think of what exactly to post...)
Back to top Go down
Spooky
Admin
Spooky

PostSubject: Re: The Cat and The Mouse   The Cat and The Mouse Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 4:18 am

(...Who's point of view were you going to do? Razz)

--K.C.--

I walked into Elle's room, and the memories hit me immediatly. This was the exact place we had first 'met', if you will.
I had been running from the cops, and took refuge in the only open window I could find in the middle of the night. I had every intention to kill Elle as well, but I just couldn't do it.
I was usually a heartless person, giving mercy to no one. But Giselle Rosener (her full name) just seemed too...similar to myself. And she seemed to innocent.
But she actually knew where I was coming from. Her parents were exactly like mine, and her childhood had been nearly the same as mine as well. She spent most of her time as a child alone, like myself.

Both of my parents were drug addicts, alcoholics. They were never home. They spent all of their incoming money on drugs and alcohol, and, if they weren't working, they were out partying. I could only rely on my friends, which, as I got older, seemed to just disappear.

Elle pulled me out of my thoughts by holding up a bright red ribbon.
At first, everything was silent.

"What is that for?" I asked, breaking the silence after a few seconds.

"I won the art contest at my school," she replied, sounding proud of herself.

"They have an art contest at your school?" I asked. That was new.

Elle nodded her head.
"And I won first place. Wanna see my drawing?"

I glanced at the clock on her wall. It was almost 3:00pm.

"Actually," I replied, trying to sound as happy as I could. A failed attempt. "I was thinking about walking around town or something. It's a nice day outside, anyway."

I knew Elle loved taking walks, and her face lit up as I suggested this to her.

"Sure!" she replied, putting her ribbon back down on the small desk in her room.

--

(Sorry, that was another "filler" chapter. I'm just waiting to see what you post, so I can get an idea from that. '^^)
Back to top Go down
Batgirl
Admin
Batgirl

PostSubject: Re: The Cat and The Mouse   The Cat and The Mouse Icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2009 8:50 pm

(Roy's. ^^' Well, I was thinking about...but I'm not sure if I could....I don't know. Razz Anyway...quick, random description of Roy: He has short red-ish(It looks orange in the comics, but I guess it'd be considered red) hair, green eyes, is kinda tall, wears a black shirt and a red jacket-thing, and jeans.)

-Jonathan-

I had no idea where to start. I had no leads, no evidence, nothing. I started to wonder WHY exactly I was doing this. Why I cared, why I was wasting my time on this.

I was thinking about what exactly I could do, when the alarm suddenly went off. A few moments later, there was a knock at my door.

"Come on, Jonathan," I heard a female voice say. I got up and left my room, then started jogging towards the elevator. I caight up to the woman who had knocked on my door, Donna. As we impatiently waited for the elevator to take us down to the common room, she said something.

"Roy told me you're working on something...need any help?"

"No," I answered simply, not making eye contact. There was something about Donna...if I looked her in the eyes, I probably would've told her what I was doing, everything. I didn't really care to tell anyone what I was up to, though, so I didn't. It was none of their business.

We got to the common room, and ran up to the computer screen in the front of the room. Barbara was sitting in front of it, typing away. I bent down to her level, putting my hand on the back of her wheelchair.

"What's going on?" I asked.

"Nothing too bad...Some new kid named...huh. No info. Guess he's REALLY new. Sorry, guess you guys will just have to figure out what kind of meta he is," She said, obviously annoyed. Barbara gets really mad when she can't find what she's looking for on our-or any other, for that matter-database.

----

(...I can't think of anything else for the moment. ^^' I know what's gonna happen, though. Razz

...Quick random descriptions of Donna and Barbara: Donna: long black hair...I have no idea which uniform she should have...O_o' Babs: Long-ish red hair, glasses, and she sits in a wheelchair. ...)
Back to top Go down
Spooky
Admin
Spooky

PostSubject: Re: The Cat and The Mouse   The Cat and The Mouse Icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2009 10:04 pm

(Is that "new kid" K.C.? Or someone else entirely?Razz)

--K.C.--

We hadn't been walking along the city streets for long before a familiar face caught my eye.
Like I've said before, I have somewhat of a photographic memory. I can remember people's faces for the longest time. And this person's face wasn't one I would forget easily.

I kept quiet until I walked passed the man and his blonde 'friend'. Then I stopped him, false surprise on my face.

"John," I started, pulling him off to the side, "is that you? Why, I haven't seen you in ages." I stated.

"Kaysee?" he asked. He always called me 'Kaysee' instead of 'K.C.' We had gone to school together, and he had always picked on me. He was the athlete, I was the reject. Of course I would remember him. I was vindictive.

"Wow, it seems like forever ago," John continued, laughing. John was taller than I was, but not by much. "Oh, Michelle, this is Kaysee. He's a high school friend," he explained to what I assumed was his girlfriend. 'Friend.' That was a funny word.

"It's K.C.," I corrected, using the correct pronounciation, then I continued speaking, "and it's nice to meet you. This is Elle," I introduced, gesturing my hand toward her. She muttered a 'hi'. "She's a friend of mine." John raised his eyebrows at the word 'friend'. I had to grind my teeth to keep my long held back anger inside.

After introducing everyone, I asked John if he would come over to my house for a drink or something. I had to get him to say yes, or this would all be ruined.
Luckily, he and his girlfriend agreed, and we started walking towards my house.

John probably planned to do some 'catching up', as he would say. But I had always dreamed of this day. What a coincident, meeting him in this new city. Now I could finally revel in the sweet revenge that I had dreamed so long of getting. It was finally in reach, finally a possibility.
Once we got into the house, I shut the door behind us, locking it. I'm sure Giselle quickly caught on to what was going to take place, and she excused herself, offering to get water for everyone.

--

(Sorry that ended...strangely. I was going to keep typing, but I think that would've made my post too long. '^^ Oh! Short discription of Giselle (since Michelle and John won't be in this story for too long. Razz Anyway, she's average-height for a seventeen-year old, she's got midnight black hair that reaches a little past her shoulders (her hair, right now, is pulled back, and the ends are spiked up...did I explain that right? '^^). She's got blue eyes, with black-ish gray eyeshadow and eyeliner on, and I think I've already explained what she's wearing. See, like I said, I can be over-descriptive. I just like trying to create a nice mental image for my readers. Razz)
Back to top Go down
Batgirl
Admin
Batgirl

PostSubject: Re: The Cat and The Mouse   The Cat and The Mouse Icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2009 2:57 am

(That's okay. I like description! ^^' And, no, this "new kid" is just some random bad guy/teenager. Razz Oh, since I *might* not mention all of them, the whole Titans team consists of: Jon, Roy/Red Arrow, Donna/Wonder Woman, Wally/The Flash, Joey/Jericho, Ryan/Starbird, Wes/Changeling, and Sky/Crow. Hn...that's a lot of descriptions...Maybe I'll do 'em some other time...Oh, and just at the tower, there's Barbara/Oracle and Roy's little girl, Lian...

Alright, on with my post! ^^')

-Jonathan-

We got to the scene relatively fast, and any interest anyone might've had that we had some new villain, it was immediately dulled. As it turns out, the kid was just some teen that had apparently found out that he had powers recently, and had decided to take them for a joyride. He had been trying to fly, and started to go out of control. Next thing he knew, he was crashing into people and inanimate objects alike.

I let out a sigh as we watched him flounder aimlessly in front of us, trying to gain control. After a moment of letting everyone enjoy the "show", I intervened. Using my powers, I caught him, bringing him to an immediate stop.

"Woah!" He shouted, now looking around. I walked up to him, then let him fall to the ground. It was only five or six feet. He scrambled to his feet, and was met by my face, glaring at him.

"You have no idea what you're doing, do you?" I asked, my arms crossed. Seems, though, he was a bit shocked. He took off running in the other direction, obviously freaked out. I heard half the team start cracking up from behind me.

----

(...I ish bad at ending things. O_o Thag was...very abrupt. ^^')
Back to top Go down
Spooky
Admin
Spooky

PostSubject: Re: The Cat and The Mouse   The Cat and The Mouse Icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2009 3:09 am

--K.C.--

I entered the main room after everyone else, taking note that John and Michelle had already made themselves comfortable on the scruffy couch by the wall. I took a seat in the large reclining chair by the couch just as Giselle walking in, carrying three bottles of water.

"This was all you had in your fridge, K.C. Don't you ever eat?" Giselle teased, handing the two on the couch their water. I gave her a serious glare, but she laughed it off. She didn't bother getting me any water. She knew I wouldn't drink it.
Then she took a seat on the edge of the couch, asking John if he cared. He said no, so she sat herself down there, like she always did.

"So, K.C., John's told me a little about you, but not much," Michelle said, taking a drink of water. I raised an eyebrow. John had actually mentioned me to her? Me, the person who was basically his punching bag. The person he and his friends constantly made fun of, and not to mention the person they constantly beat on? Maybe he hadn't realized it, but his teasing and beatings really left a large scar on my high school life. So I wasn't going to make this quick. I was going to make it slow and painful.

John never gave me a chance to answer Michelle, even though she hadn't asked me a question, and he went ahead talking.

"So little Kaysee finally got himself a friend?" John teased, looking over to Giselle. who was on his left. Since I had been so skinny throughout my life, people always called me little. Oh, how I despised that word now. Again, I had to grind my teeth together to push the anger back.

"Tell us about yourself...um...Giselle, was it?" Michelle continued, wearing that fake smile that so many people had. It was so easy to detect.

Giselle loved talking to new people, so she took this to her advantage. Luckily, this would give me more time to think through my plan. This had to be swift, with no mistakes.

"Well, what do you want to know?" Giselle asked Michelle cheerfully. John answered instead.

"Why are you Kaysee's 'friend', or whatever. Are you guys, like, together?" John asked, holding back a laugh. Michelle butt in this time.

"Oh, I hope not. You're such a young girl." Michelle's voice was somewhat motherly, like she cared about Giselle. I could see through the falseness in her eyes. But why would both she and John act so...strange? No matter; I had to take actions soon.

"I'm seventeen, lady. I'm not a 'young girl'. Are you trying to say I'm too young to date or something? I'm basically old enough to move out- which I plan to do as soon as possible." Giselle's voice suddenly got rebellious. I could only guess that she had seen right through Michelle's fake care as well. She hopped off the arm of the couch and walked over to the chair I was sitting in. "Goodness."

"That's not what I was saying. It just seems like you're too young to be dating someone K.C.'s age." The false care was thick in her voice this time.

"Oh, well don't worry," Giselle answered sarcasticly, rolling her eyes. "We're not 'together'."

This time, I interrupted the conversation, ready to take my plan into action. I could wait no longer.

"John, I'd like to show you something," I said, my voice inviting. I smiled; I had practiced this many times before, so I'm sure it looked believable.

"Sure," John said, standing up. "What does little Kaysee have to show me?" I clenched my fist until the knuckles turned from red to white.

"Just follow me," I stated, leading John down the hallway. I expected that Giselle could keep Michelle stalled in the main room, leaving me to do my business.

But what I hadn't expected was the noise I heard once John and I were in the end of the hallway. It was a woman's scream, coming from the main room.

---

(Dun dun...duuunnn! xP Sorry....I got bored. Razz)
Back to top Go down
Batgirl
Admin
Batgirl

PostSubject: Re: The Cat and The Mouse   The Cat and The Mouse Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 3:48 am

(Aw...I wanted John to get killed...Razz Next part! Razz)

"Shut up,"

"Very nice, Jon. Probably scared the kid half to death," Roy said in-between laughs.

"...Your point?"

"That's not a good thing, man! You gotta be friendlier, 'specially to kids. Kid couldn't of been older than 14,"

"He destroyed public property. What'd you want me to do, congratulate him?"

"Nah, nah. Just be nicer, man! I'm starting to think that's physically impossible for ya,"

Sighing, I pushed past him, walking towards my motorcycle. Suddenly, I heard a scream come from one of the buildings nearby. I ignored it.
Back to top Go down
Spooky
Admin
Spooky

PostSubject: Re: The Cat and The Mouse   The Cat and The Mouse Icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 2:54 am

(Patience, patience...Razz)

-Giselle-

The lady K.C.'s 'friend' brought in with him, Michelle, was starting to get on my bad side. I knew what K.C. was planning to do with John, so I tried to stall Michelle and keep her in the main room. Her turn would come eventually, I knew that, but it just wouldn't come fast enough.
And, after what seemed like forever, which, in reality, was only a few minutes, I snapped.

I had been sitting in K.C.'s recliner, trying to start friendly conversation with Michelle. That was a failed attempt.

"So what is...whatever-his-name-was showing John?" Michelle asked rudely, still sitting on the couch.

"I don't know," I responded, looking away. "Maybe something from high school." I sighed, and all was silent for a while.

Michelle was the snobby, cheerleader type of person. She had unnatural blonde hair- it was painfully obvious blonde wasn't her natural color- and she wore way too much make-up. That was the kind of person I had learned to loathe.

Sadly, Michelle couldn't keep her mouth shut. At least, about what she wanted to talk about. She kept on talking aimlessly about this and that. If she had kept her nose in her own business, I don't think I would have had a problem. But she just had to tell me every opinion she had...about everything. She told me what she thought about me, my appearance, K.C., ecetera.

"Look, lady, you're not my mother, okay? You don't have to sit there and critique every aspect of my life." I took a deep breath, hoping she would stop there. But, of course, she didn't. She continued on with her snarky comments until I could take it no longer.

I had been in this house enough times to know where K.C. kept everything- including just what I needed. Without saying another word, I got out of the chair and walked towards a seemingly-normal cabinet. I opened the right drawer first, immediatly finding what I was looking for. The light gleamed off of the shining knives, all of various shapes and sizes. I picked one at random and walked back over to Michelle.

She noticed the knife immediatly, but took no precautions.

"What's that for?" She asked, stifling a laugh. "Are you going to hurt me? I swear, you and that K.C. person are insane. I don't even see why John bothered to stop and talk to you freaks in the first place." She flipped her hair in that ever-so preppy way.

That did it. I didn't like people talking about me like that, much less K.C. Yes, I was a little over-caring for K.C., but that didn't mean anything.

"I think you're underestimating me." I stated calmy, looking at the knife. I could hear that insane tone creeping into my voice. This was going to be great; Michelle would get what she so greatly deserved. "You have no idea how badly I want to make this slow and painful. But that's too risky." I approached the couch, closing in on Michelle. "So we're gonna make this fast."
Finally, she began to realize what was going to happen, and her eyes widened.

"You wouldn't," Michelle said, doubting me. I was only feet away from her now.

"Watch me." With that, I pressed the cold, silver blade to her throat. Not enough to puncture, but just enough to scare her. "Believe me yet?" I asked her, stifling a laugh of my own. Just as she happened to let out a scream, I pressed the blade harder, and the screaming stopped.

Just seconds later, K.C. and John came into the main room. Both of their eyes were wide as they took notice to the red-stained knife in my hand. I walked away from Michelle's now-lifeless body, sighing. Then, even surprising myself, I laughed weakly.

"You have no idea how good that felt."

--

(Sorry that kind of ended abruptly. I wanted to describe more; since this really happens in my story, I already have all the details planned out. But, since this is a "kid-friendly" site, I figured I should stop there. '^^ That's also the reason this part might seem somewhat....tacky. Since I had to leave out quite alot of stuff, I had to change this around quite alot. '^^)
Back to top Go down
Batgirl
Admin
Batgirl

PostSubject: Re: The Cat and The Mouse   The Cat and The Mouse Icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 3:06 am

(It's okay..but remember: Only members can see the Writing Forum. If some kid were to wander onto the site, the only way they'd be able to see this if they actually, by some miracle, joined. You don't have to tone stuff down THAT much. ^^' ...I hope I don't get in trouble for saying that...)

-Roy- (Yay! I ish going to do something from Roy's point-of-view...I've run out of ideas for Jonathan right now...And he depresses me...Roy ish funner! Razz ...Bad grammar...Yay!)

Okay, so maybe I shouldn't of been lecturing/teasing Jon so much. He has reasons for his grumpiness(Razz). But, I mean, c'mon! Dude has to ligthen up sometimes. Seriously, Em's been dead for years now. He has to get over her. Maybe I should set him up with Babs...nah, he'd probably maim me in some way. Then I'd have to enlist Wes to pull some pranks on him, and so on.

So, Jon was getting ready to leave, when a real loud, real short, scream came from one of the buildings. I figured it was someone's TV or something.

(...That was random...Kind of a filler of sorts. ^^')
Back to top Go down
Spooky
Admin
Spooky

PostSubject: Re: The Cat and The Mouse   The Cat and The Mouse Icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2009 12:06 am

(Ohh, okay. Thanks for letting me know. Next time, then, I won't tone it down so much. '^^)

--K.C.--

I cautiously walked over to Giselle, forgetting about John completely. I was hoping that she hadn't totally lost it. I gently removed the dripping knife from her hand, which gripped the knife tightly. From behind us, I heard John gasp, then he began speaking.

"Michelle?!" His voice betrayed his emotions, breaking off at the end. "What did you do to her, you...you monster!" John continued yelling at Giselle, but she seemed to be in some sort of trance. She stared at the wall in front of her, her hand still gripping something, although she was no longer holding the knife.

I glanced back over at John, who was now leaning over the deceased body of his dearly beloved. I quietly walked over by him, lingering behind him.

"What a shame," I said quietly, obviously scaring John. He jumped slightly.
"And just think, if you were a little bit faster, you could have saved her life."

When people were in this sort of state- an extreme state of mourning and disbelief- they would believe most things you told them. All they were usually focused on was the deceased, so it was easy to say what you wanted them to believe.

John looked over his shoulder. He looked right past me, straight at Giselle, who was now facing us both.

"You! You're the one who did this!" He accused, stating the obvious. Hadn't she been the one holding the bloody knife? "How could you do something so cruel!? You heartless b-"

I cut him off before he could continue.

"Now, now, let's not get carried away. Everybody dies eventually. Her time was running out anyway. Giselle just made sure she died quickly and painlessly." I examined the body. Michelle's throat had been slit, the obvious cause of death. "Not the way I would have chose to die, but-"

This time, John cut me off.

"Shut up! Both of you are just...monsters! You're cruel, heartless monsters!" I'm sure he was counting on his words alone to hurt me, but they had no effect. I just stood there, a smile creeping onto my face.

"So, which, in your opinion, would be worse?" I started. "Dying quickly or having to live through every day, knowing the death of poor Michelle was in your hands. You could have done something, but you chose to do nothing. What a shame, indeed."

Just as I had anticipated, John turned around, ready to strike. I was a step ahead of him, having the knife held tightly in my right hand. Not having to make a move, John unknowingly rammed himself into the knife. His eyes widened as he realized what happened.

"Tell Michelle that I'm sorry about her sudden death," I stated mockingly, laughing slightly to myself. I took a step back, letting John hit the floor. He wasn't dead yet, but he would be soon enough. He'd only have to suffer for a second.

I bent down, removed the knife, and walked into another room to get a cloth to clean it off. When I came back into the room, Giselle was sitting in the reclining chair, her head in her hands. It seemed that she didn't care she was getting blood from her hands onto her head and hair. I walked over to her, asking her if she was all right.

"I just killed a woman, K.C.!" She answered, nearly yelling. "Do you think I'm alright?"

---

(Man, I'm not very good at endings, am I? '^^)
Back to top Go down
Batgirl
Admin
Batgirl

PostSubject: Re: The Cat and The Mouse   The Cat and The Mouse Icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2009 2:45 am

(Yay! They're dead! Razz Yay for jerky/snobby idiots getting killed! ...Wait, wait...Let me reprhase that...yay for fictional jerky/snobby idiots dying! The first one sounded really bad...Razz)

-Roy-

"What was that?" I heard Donna ask, concern in her voice.

"Probably someone's TV or something," I answered. Suddenly, I noticed Donna at the door to the place where the scream had come from, getting ready to knock on the door. I jogged up next to her, grabbing her arm before she could knock on the door.

"Donna, it's probably nothing. Don't bother whoever lives there,"

"What if it's something serious, Roy?" She said, and before I could say more, Jon intervened.

"Just let her answer the door," He said, sounding a bit annoyed. She smiled at him, shot me a smirk that basically said, "Ha! Jon said I could!", then knocked on the door lightly.

(Man...sorry my parts have been so short compared to yours...^^')
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Cat and The Mouse   The Cat and The Mouse Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Cat and The Mouse
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Cool Zone for kids!-
Jump to: