The Cool Zone for kids!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Cool Zone for kids!

The place for kids!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Word of the Day!

Go down 
+2
Batgirl
Spooky
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
El
Admin

Female Number of posts : 4606
Registration date : 2007-04-06

Word of the Day! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Word of the Day!   Word of the Day! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2008 6:02 am

I don't talk in Japanese... and you could say you don't like me doing something. I'm not going to eat you.

But these words are offensive to people who are not like you guys. I don't think we should say them, since this actually is a kids' forum anyway.
Back to top Go down
beast93boy
Great Member
beast93boy

Male Number of posts : 439
Registration date : 2008-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Word of the Day!   Word of the Day! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2008 6:03 am

The Whomps episode of Recess dealt with the idea that someone could make up a word to avoid using foul language, but the word eventually became a curse word.

Anyway, I curse a lot in real life, but I try not to on these boards.
Back to top Go down
El
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Word of the Day!   Word of the Day! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2008 6:04 am

Right. Well, we could do that too! (And it won't come out as a curse word, hopefully!)
Back to top Go down
Spooky
Admin
Spooky

Female Number of posts : 4997
Current Location : Why?....Are you stalking me?! o.O'
Humor : "Every fight is a food fight when you're a canibal"....What?
Hobbies : Things....Certain things....
Registration date : 2008-02-12

PostSubject: Re: Word of the Day!   Word of the Day! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2008 6:06 am

Okay, I don't know ONE person on this site (besides you, apperantly -_-) who finds the word "Freakin'" offensive. And I KNOW you don't speak Japanese; I was just using an example. AND, last, you could JUST say you don't like that word. You don't have to go all the way to deleting people's posts, and getting on to them for using it....Sheesh....-__-

Well, I've REALLY got to go now....I guess I'll see how this turns out in the morning.....Well, good night, everyone.......(Yeah, I'm in a very, very, VERY bad mood right now...Chances are, I'll be in a bad mood tomorrow, too, so, beware....--')
Back to top Go down
beast93boy
Great Member
beast93boy

PostSubject: Re: Word of the Day!   Word of the Day! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2008 6:06 am

Yeah, let's make up a replacement word.

Instead of saying this s*cks, we can say 'this whomps', like in Recess.

Instead of saying fr*aking we can say 'yooling'.

And all the new words we make up will be inside jokes!
Back to top Go down
Batgirl
Admin
Batgirl

Female Number of posts : 11042
Current Location : Here.
Humor : Uh...moo?
Hobbies : ...Writing, reading, volunteering, and just doing stuff.
Registration date : 2008-01-08

PostSubject: Re: Word of the Day!   Word of the Day! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2008 6:07 am

......Okay, this is going nowhere. Why is it that little petty things, always seem to turn into big disagreements? Just sayin'........Yeah, I know, I'll shut up now.
Back to top Go down
beast93boy
Great Member
beast93boy

PostSubject: Re: Word of the Day!   Word of the Day! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2008 6:09 am

I like my idea of using new words instead of mildly offensive ones.

Instead of saying this freaking sucks, we could say this yooling whomps!
Back to top Go down
El
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Word of the Day!   Word of the Day! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2008 6:10 am

Yes, Star, but the majority of the people in the world aren't here on this forum. There aren't even ten active members here. And I've already said I don't like the word, and you all didn't pay attention.

'Kay then the new word is yooling (now where did you get that one>). But I'm not using it.
Back to top Go down
El
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Word of the Day!   Word of the Day! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2008 6:10 am

Batgirl wrote:
......Okay, this is going nowhere. Why is it that little petty things, always seem to turn into big disagreements? Just sayin'........Yeah, I know, I'll shut up now.

I've already said I'm strong willed. I'll fight to the death for what I believe in.
Back to top Go down
Batgirl
Admin
Batgirl

PostSubject: Re: Word of the Day!   Word of the Day! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2008 6:12 am

This is really stupid, in MY opinion. Okay, so all of YOUR opinions get enforced as rules, but OUR opinions(Star and I's)mean nothing? Real nice.
Back to top Go down
beast93boy
Great Member
beast93boy

PostSubject: Re: Word of the Day!   Word of the Day! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2008 6:12 am

I made up the word. I wanted something that sounded different.

Word of the hour

Yooling; adj
A replacement less offensive word for the word freaking.

I've had it with these motheryooling snakes on this motheryooling plane!
Back to top Go down
El
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Word of the Day!   Word of the Day! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2008 6:14 am

No, Batgirl. It's not that my opinions only count, it's the fact that we need to find something that won't be offensive to anyone. And not saying it all will be the best method, will it not?
Back to top Go down
beast93boy
Great Member
beast93boy

PostSubject: Re: Word of the Day!   Word of the Day! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2008 6:17 am

Okay, this arguments done.

I mean, can you guys please stop fighting.

No one's listening to me.

Motheryooling son of a knirf!
Back to top Go down
Spooky
Admin
Spooky

PostSubject: Re: Word of the Day!   Word of the Day! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2008 4:44 pm

No El, I think Batgirl is not only refering to this argument. Remember the whole stupid argument over the Naruto roleplaying threads? YOU didn't like them, so YOU made it a rule that you can only have ONE thread for it. -_-'
And I can count a couple more times that YOUR opinions have been forced into rules, where as ours (Batgirl's and mine) opinions don't EVEN COUNT AS ANYTHING!!!!
*takes a deep breath, and tries to calm down*.....

And, just for the record, I agree with Batgirl on this.....=\
Back to top Go down
Batgirl
Admin
Batgirl

PostSubject: Re: Word of the Day!   Word of the Day! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2008 6:37 pm

"Yooling"? ....No way would I EVER say something as stupid as that.

Hey.....I just realized something........it used to be that if you posted a word like "damn" or something, it would get replaced with a completely different word. Emily had put a list of all the words that are actual curse words on the Admin panel and put replacements to go with them. Now, they obviously aren't working because the above "d" word still comes up.
Back to top Go down
beast93boy
Great Member
beast93boy

PostSubject: Re: Word of the Day!   Word of the Day! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2008 6:40 pm

Batgirl wrote:
"Yooling"? ....No way would I EVER say something as stupid as that.

Hey.....I just realized something........it used to be that if you posted a word like "damn" or something, it would get replaced with a completely different word. Emily had put a list of all the words that are actual curse words on the Admin panel and put replacements to go with them. Now, they obviously aren't working because the above "d" word still comes up.

Hmm I'll test it without quotes.

darn
Back to top Go down
beast93boy
Great Member
beast93boy

PostSubject: Re: Word of the Day!   Word of the Day! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2008 6:40 pm

^
Hate to double post, but I'll say, your thing still works.
Back to top Go down
Batgirl
Admin
Batgirl

PostSubject: Re: Word of the Day!   Word of the Day! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2008 6:48 pm

Okay....that is really weird. I just tested it again(But then deleted the post because it had the "f" word in it.), and it still didn't work. Hm....oh! Maybe it doesn't work for Admins or something!
Back to top Go down
beast93boy
Great Member
beast93boy

PostSubject: Re: Word of the Day!   Word of the Day! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2008 6:49 pm

Batgirl wrote:
Okay....that is really weird. I just tested it again(But then deleted the post because it had the "f" word in it.), and it still didn't work. Hm....oh! Maybe it doesn't work for Admins or something!
ditto. F word didn't work, but darn did.
Back to top Go down
Batgirl
Admin
Batgirl

PostSubject: Re: Word of the Day!   Word of the Day! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2008 6:52 pm

Hm....must be a problem with the site. I'll have to check it out next time I'm on the Admin Panel. Don't want any new members or anything(Yeah, right)to say that and then it get left in a post for a while or something....
Back to top Go down
Spooky
Admin
Spooky

PostSubject: Re: Word of the Day!   Word of the Day! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2008 9:06 pm

Hmm, that IS strange....
Back to top Go down
El
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Word of the Day!   Word of the Day! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2008 10:18 am

Star wrote:
No El, I think Batgirl is not only refering to this argument. Remember the whole stupid argument over the Naruto roleplaying threads? YOU didn't like them, so YOU made it a rule that you can only have ONE thread for it. -_-'
And I can count a couple more times that YOUR opinions have been forced into rules, where as ours (Batgirl's and mine) opinions don't EVEN COUNT AS ANYTHING!!!!
*takes a deep breath, and tries to calm down*.....

And, just for the record, I agree with Batgirl on this.....=\

Firstly, yours faces (-__-') don't add anything to this disagreement. It's just hinders my reading.

Look, I have to be brutal as an Admin. Those Naturo RPs were getting excessive and something had to be done about them. You didn't want to discuss them ao I took action, thanks.

Oh, please, quote me my posts where I've excluded your and Batgirl's posts. Because as far as I know, I haven't shunned any of your opinions. And NONE of my "opinions" have been forced into rules. You name a few and you have a valid point.

I was referring to everything on this site. We have to find a way that won't be offensive to anyone.

Plus, you agree with Batgirl on everything. Because you're her "Best friend... EVER." How do you think that makes me feel, saying that to the whole wide world with me being able to read it?

I'll be leaving here after this. All the time I put up with this, and I wonder why I stay. And this time, after I'm done here, I won't be coming back. Yeah?
Back to top Go down
Batgirl
Admin
Batgirl

PostSubject: Re: Word of the Day!   Word of the Day! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2008 5:02 pm

Okay, first of all, she doesn't just agrre with me because she's my friend. Friends don't always agrre. I mean, you are/used to be(Depending on what you say)my friend, and we obviously don't agree on a lot of things.

I'm just saying, it just seemed like whenever you don't like something, you automatically make it some rule or something. I didn't say anything during that stupid Naruto thing because I HATE, and I mean hate, having to speak up. I am the most guilty person in the world. I always think that anytime someone's mad or sad or anything, it's my fault. So, I don't say anything. I shut up and keep my mouth closed. But I guess I can't just do that here.

Wonderful. You're leaving the site. Now, I've put up with a lot on here, and do you see ME leaving? No. I try and make things better. Sometimes ,sadly, I am a very forgiving person. Which I hate. I try to be mad at someone, but I can't be. Not to say I haven't thought about leaving. Oh no, I have definetly thought about leaving.

Ugh.....I'm not going to say any more because I seriously doubt I can add anything(more) to this.
Back to top Go down
beast93boy
Great Member
beast93boy

PostSubject: Re: Word of the Day!   Word of the Day! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2008 6:00 pm

Uh... I don't want anyone to leave the site... That'd be bad.
Back to top Go down
Spooky
Admin
Spooky

PostSubject: Re: Word of the Day!   Word of the Day! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2008 8:48 pm

El, I (for one) don't want you to leave. I was just saying that you're taking some things a little too far, and you can kind of get a little annoying at times. I never said I wanted you to leave....

And no, I wasn't just agreeing with Batgirl because she's my "best friend....EVER". There has been lots of times when we haven't agreed, thank you very much. It's just that we agree on alot of things.

....Okay, I don't think I can say anything more without getting El ticked off more and leaving the site...So I'm gonna shut my mouth....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Word of the Day!   Word of the Day! - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Word of the Day!
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Cool Zone for kids! :: The Random Board-
Jump to: