The Cool Zone for kids!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Cool Zone for kids!

The place for kids!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
El
Admin

Female Number of posts : 4606
Registration date : 2007-04-06

PostSubject: Avatar   Avatar Icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2008 9:55 am

Oracle and Star, please stop. You're taking this Avatar obsession too far, and it's leaking into every board and forum known to man. I, and some of my other friends here are here well sick and tired of this nonsense.

It's even incorporated in our ORIGINAL writing forum threads. Please, not everyone in the site knows, wants to know, or cares about Avatar. Please keep your trivialities and conversations out of this forum. Create a new thread about it if you must, but do not spread it all around our community.
Back to top Go down
Batgirl
Admin
Batgirl

Female Number of posts : 11042
Current Location : Here.
Humor : Uh...moo?
Hobbies : ...Writing, reading, volunteering, and just doing stuff.
Registration date : 2008-01-08

PostSubject: Re: Avatar   Avatar Icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2008 8:01 pm

Wow, that was really rude. How did I not notice this earlier...? If you're talking about the Sword-Fighting Showdown, I don't really see how Avatar is leaking into that. Lynn is a character from the Avatar world, so there has to be SOME mention of her thing with Zuko or anything with Avatar. We try to keep it as subtle as possible, just like I did with Jonathan and the whole Teen Titans thing. As for anything else, I'm not sure I know what you mean. Sure, we talk about Avatar sometimes, but we don't talk about it on every single forum. And even if we do, who cares? Almost everyone here has watched Avatar. Or perhaps some invisible users come on here and don't like us talking about Avatar? And our "Avatar obession"? We're not just utterly obsessed with Avatar. This is crazy....reminds me a lot of that whole "Naruto role-playing" thing. Just because you don't like something makes it forbidden.

I'm sorry if I came across rude, but I'm already having a bad day, this just topped it off. I don't know where this is coming from. We were fine, just writing in the Sword-Fighting thing, being nice, then...boom, this happens. Very nice, Elandri.
Back to top Go down
Batgirl
Admin
Batgirl

PostSubject: Re: Avatar   Avatar Icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2008 11:10 pm

Hnn.....that was rude. Ignore that....yeah, just ignore that. Bad day.....Let me try a different approach.....

I'm not sure I know what you mean. I mean, Star and I talk about Avatar, but it isn't in every single forum that we talk in. But really, even if it is, so what? I didn't really think anybody cared, considering almost everyone here are Avatar fans. The only people I'm pretty sure aren't Avatar fans are Jess, and you, obviously.

One thing I want to say is that Avatar is not "nonsense". It's a good show with a great storyline. If it wasn't for Avatar, I probably wouldn't have anything in common with some people I know.

And I'm not sure I know what you mean by "Original writing forum thread". If you mean the Sword-Fighting thing, that doesn't really make any sense. That would mean you're talking about Lynn, who is a character MADE for Avatar by Star. So, in that thread, she can;t just ignore Avatar. There has to be some mention. And basically the only mention of Avatar there's been is of Zuko and with the messenger hawk.

Again, I'm not sure I know what you're talking about. I have to say, this WAS a little rude of you, but I usually don't care about stuff like that. Well, it ticks me off, but I hardly ever actually say anything. Whenever I speak my mind, I usually get into a fight, so I just usually shut up. This time, though, I couldn't just ignore this. I'm very sorry if I came across rude this time, I tried my hardest not to.
Back to top Go down
punkrock_bassist
punkrock_bassist

Female Number of posts : 4301
Current Location : not where i want to be
Humor : i'm so uncool, im cool
Hobbies : ...i need one
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Avatar   Avatar Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2008 9:28 am

it may have come off alittle rude but the threads are meant to stay on the right topics. There are alot of thread for avatar, and some that just kinda became about it, and i dont really think thats fair because the people who are not fans (there may not be many, but there are still some) dont really understand what your talking about, and that might end up making people not want to go there, and if you keep going off topic (not saying that your meaning to or not) and start talking about avatar, it will make the 'non fans' come to the site less and less, then not at all.
Back to top Go down
El
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Avatar   Avatar Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2008 10:10 am

Hey, thanks Jess. That's about outlining what I really wanted to say.

Oracle and Star, all I'm trying to say, dears, is that we don't want Avatar incorporated stuff leaking into threads that aren't meant for it. I really wanted our SFSD thread to be original, not with characters from Avatar... you could have said before that Lynn would have stuff to do with Avatar. Anyway, even if it's vital for her character, you don't have to use that part for our own original story.

Oh, about the nonsense part, sorry if I offended you and the rest of the Avatar fans out there. But seriously, learn to be a bit open minded. You knew what I meant, and I wasn't referring to the plotline or anything, because I don't watch it and have no clue. All I was saying was that it makes no sense to me, and all the other anti-avatarists out there.

"...I'm not sure I know what you mean. I mean, Star and I talk about Avatar, but it isn't in every single forum that we talk in. But really, even if it is, so what? I didn't really think anybody cared, considering almost everyone here are Avatar fans. The only people I'm pretty sure aren't Avatar fans are Jess, and you, obviously..."
Um, considering that there are only five active users on the site, Jess, Star, you, Katara and I, the number of people who don't particularly love Avatar outweighs the number of Avatar followers. Your statement is a moot point. And many people do care if off-topic things are incorporated with specific topics.

Oh, yes, you came across rude, and no, you're not sorry, so don't bother saying it if you don't mean it.

I only have one more thing to say, don't sweat it. You say you don't know what I mean a lot... I'm perfectly sure I made it quite clear what I meant. ^^

See you all later.

(Don't you love this? We're all so passionate about what we're saying.)
Back to top Go down
Batgirl
Admin
Batgirl

PostSubject: Re: Avatar   Avatar Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2008 5:26 pm

No, I was sorry if I was rude. I still came across rude the second time? Man, I'm just awful at this......Anyway, with the SFSD thing, we weren't really having anything about Avatar, we just had to have that little mention. It also helped with the whole Jonathan and Lynn thing. But I guess it might be a little confusing if you're not an Avatar fan.

To Jess: Um, there really isn't that many Avatar threads here. At least, if there is, I don't really go on them......I think I'VE been coming here less and less if anything. And about how we may go off-topic in threads, that's almost ALWAYS in the Random Forum. So, what? You just want us to talk about Avatar in e-mails? Yeah, like we don't already. It's just easier to talk here because it's faster, and we can talk about different things besides just Avatar.

"Oh, about the nonsense part, sorry if I offended you and the rest of the Avatar fans out there. But seriously, learn to be a bit open minded. You knew what I meant, and I wasn't referring to the plotline or anything, because I don't watch it and have no clue. All I was saying was that it makes no sense to me, and all the other anti-avatarists out there."

Yes, you did offend me. I AM fairly open-minded. Well, at least off the computer I am. Of course, if I acted the same way here that I act in my day-to-day life, I would most likely never talk and not get involved with anything here....at all.

Anyway, I guess that's all I have to say for now.

(Yes, I do love this. ^^ Reminds me of the Debate and Discussion forum on this other site I go on. I always love watching the debates about things there. Can't wait to join that forum so I can FINALLY voice my own opinion on things there.)
Back to top Go down
Spooky
Admin
Spooky

Female Number of posts : 4997
Current Location : Why?....Are you stalking me?! o.O'
Humor : "Every fight is a food fight when you're a canibal"....What?
Hobbies : Things....Certain things....
Registration date : 2008-02-12

PostSubject: Re: Avatar   Avatar Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2008 7:10 pm

Okay, I don't want to sound rude to anyone or even put myself into this mess. Mostly because, last time I "voiced my opinion", El "lost all respect for me". Therefore, I'd rather that not happen again. And I'd like to keep equanimity. But I will say this:

"Um, considering that there are only five active users on the site, Jess, Star, you, Katara and I, the number of people who don't particularly love Avatar outweighs the number of Avatar followers."

The active users here are: Oracle, Elandri, Jess, Katara, Sakura, and I. The avatar fans here are: Oracle, Katara, Sakura, and I.
Jess doesn't like Avatar. And apperantly, neither does El. But, since there are 4 people here that like Avatar, and two that do not, I'd say that Avatar fans outweigh the "anti-avatar" people. -_-

*crosses arms* That's all I have to say.....Hmph.....
Back to top Go down
punkrock_bassist
punkrock_bassist

Female Number of posts : 4301
Current Location : not where i want to be
Humor : i'm so uncool, im cool
Hobbies : ...i need one
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Avatar   Avatar Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2008 7:25 pm

Why does that even matter!! The point is M&M made this bored for kids to talk about a whole lot of different things not just avatar. Its not fair that if you keep talking about this in the threads your NOT suppost to, some people might stop comeing to this bored because personily i dont want to read about something i just dont like, or know anything about.
Back to top Go down
Spooky
Admin
Spooky

PostSubject: Re: Avatar   Avatar Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2008 7:32 pm

Well I can't help it if three of the five active users like Avatar! The point is, SOME PEOPLE ONE HERE do want to talk about Avatar! That doesn't mean YOU have to......*takes a deep breath* Ya know what, I'm not even gonna get started.....This is just plain stupid......Whatever. -_-
Back to top Go down
Batgirl
Admin
Batgirl

PostSubject: Re: Avatar   Avatar Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2008 7:59 pm

To Jess: Exactly. Emily made this board to talk about DIFFERENT things. That can include Avatar. And we don't talk about Avatar on threads we're not supposed to. And if you don't want to read about it, then DON'T read about it! Half the time, we're talking on threads YOU don't even post on!

EDIT: Wow, I can't believe I didn't think of this before. Another point I would like to make is: We haven't even talked about Avatar in a while! The only time there has even been mention in a while is in the SFSD thread. So, unless you're talking about previous posts from motnhs before that cannot be helped now, I'm not sure I see your point.
Back to top Go down
El
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Avatar   Avatar Icon_minitimeFri Jun 27, 2008 10:46 am

Gaaaaah! Why didn't I realize that this would end in a mess? How about we all just... shuddup! I shall lock this thread. How does that sound?
Back to top Go down
Batgirl
Admin
Batgirl

PostSubject: Re: Avatar   Avatar Icon_minitimeFri Jun 27, 2008 4:31 pm

Yes! That sounds great! Lock it, delete it, just get rid of it!!
Back to top Go down
Spooky
Admin
Spooky

PostSubject: Re: Avatar   Avatar Icon_minitimeFri Jun 27, 2008 7:15 pm

Yay!!!! I hate fighting about things like this....So can we all just forget about it?? And I'll try to keep the Avatar-related things SUPER LOW on the SFSD, okay??
JUST PLEASE, LET'S STOP ALL THIS NONSENSE!!!!!
*takes deep breath*
I feel much better now. '^^
Back to top Go down
Batgirl
Admin
Batgirl

PostSubject: Re: Avatar   Avatar Icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2008 12:56 am

....What she said. Razz
Back to top Go down
El
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Avatar   Avatar Icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2008 1:30 am

Uh huh.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content