The Cool Zone for kids!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Cool Zone for kids!

The place for kids!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Help With A Name

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Spooky
Admin
Spooky

Female Number of posts : 4997
Current Location : Why?....Are you stalking me?! o.O'
Humor : "Every fight is a food fight when you're a canibal"....What?
Hobbies : Things....Certain things....
Registration date : 2008-02-12

Help With A Name Empty
PostSubject: Help With A Name   Help With A Name Icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2009 3:21 am

Alrighty, fellow Cool Zoners (heh heh '^^).
I need your help. I need a name for one of my newest characters in my novel, and it'd be awesome if you guys could help. ^_^

Okay, I've already got a few names to decide from. But new suggestions are awesomely welcomed (Razz). Okay, so the character's a female, around the age of 25 or 28...somewhere around there. =P

I don't have alot of the character's...stuff (like personality, looks, ect.) planned out yet, but I've got some main points. As far as personality goes, she's usually happy/bubbly, loving, and caring. As far as looks go, she's tall, skinny, with curly hair (not, like, crazy curly, but tamed curls...y'know what I mean Razz), and probably an orange-ish brown color (her hair). She's also pale, probably with freckles. =P...^^'
Oh, and she's a runaway. She ran away from home when she was, like, fifteen or sixteen.

Oh, and it'd be great if the name could sound good/natural with both of the last names 'Goheen' and 'Mecalo'. ^^
Here're some of the names I've narrowed down to (in no specific order):

*Maggie

*Willow

*Samantha

*Anna/Anne

*Allison (or Alice)

*Annabelle

*Cierra (or Sierra)

*Halen

---

So, like I said, feel free to suggest any names/ask more questions. And any help is much, much, much appreciated. =D
Back to top Go down
El
Admin

Female Number of posts : 4606
Registration date : 2007-04-06

Help With A Name Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help With A Name   Help With A Name Icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2009 3:33 am

Heya. It depends a lot on her personality (if you could give a more fleshed out description it would be cool), but I've always had a fondness for the name Willow. I'm not really sure it flows with both surnames, though. Maggie is quite nice too, and the plus is that it seems to go with both last names. Hurrah!

As for suggestions... I dunno. I like Sapphire, but it would only really work if she had, like, blue eyes or liked blue or something. A few more names that I like:

Evanjalin
Talia (Or Tahlia. Thalia is nice too if you like that kind of name)
Ayesha
Imogen
Aminta
Ramona

All the names I like are really uncommon. I'm the queen of WEIRD NAMES! YAAAAAY!
Back to top Go down
Batgirl
Admin
Batgirl

Female Number of posts : 11042
Current Location : Here.
Humor : Uh...moo?
Hobbies : ...Writing, reading, volunteering, and just doing stuff.
Registration date : 2008-01-08

Help With A Name Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help With A Name   Help With A Name Icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2009 3:45 am

Okay, I know it helps to know what a character looks like/is like, but you can't always rely on that to come up with a name. (Saying this because you gave that little description-thingy.) A name doesn't always match up with what the person's like/looks like. I mean, in real life, at least.

Anyway! Out of the names you gave, I like Maggie the best. Halen's nice, a bit out of the ordinary, but nice. Samantha is also nice, but it's kind of...run of the mill? I don't know how to describe it...anyway, Maggie is the best(in my opinion) out of the names you gave.

Hm...no suggestions. I'm very bad at coming up with names.
Back to top Go down
Spooky
Admin
Spooky

Female Number of posts : 4997
Current Location : Why?....Are you stalking me?! o.O'
Humor : "Every fight is a food fight when you're a canibal"....What?
Hobbies : Things....Certain things....
Registration date : 2008-02-12

Help With A Name Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help With A Name   Help With A Name Icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2009 3:55 am

I forgot to add a few. But they were just Elizabeth, Melissa, and Alexis; all common names. And I am looking for a somewhat uncommon name. =P

Thanks, El-...Squidlet! Heh, sorry. '^^

Yeah, I liked that Maggie kinda went with both surnames. And it seemed to fit the picture in my head of the character. And I liked Willow, too....
Man, I always have such a hard time deciding! '^^

Ohh, Talia (or Tahlia) and Aminta are nice, too. Thanks for the suggestios. ^^

A more fleshed out description? Alrighty....Let's see. Where shall I start? Maybe I'll put up a description thingy later in the "Characters" thread. ^^ (Razz)

Heh, it looks like Maggie is the favorite here. =P
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Help With A Name Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help With A Name   Help With A Name Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Help With A Name
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Cool Zone for kids! :: The Random Board-
Jump to: