The Cool Zone for kids!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Cool Zone for kids!

The place for kids!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Hey There Delilah

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Batgirl
Admin
Batgirl

Female Number of posts : 11042
Current Location : Here.
Humor : Uh...moo?
Hobbies : ...Writing, reading, volunteering, and just doing stuff.
Registration date : 2008-01-08

Hey There Delilah Empty
PostSubject: Hey There Delilah   Hey There Delilah Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 12:31 am

New Avatar fan fic of mine. ^^ Those of you who read Chance Meeting(And Star...since you're one of the writers. Razz) will know what happens in the end, but that doesn't really matter. This is about Sorin's(Character in Chance Meeting) parents, Jonas and Delilah. It doesn't have too many action scenes or anything, I'm not all that good at those unless I'm killing someone/badly injuring them. ^^' Anyway...hopefully this is good! ^^'

"Hey There Delilah"

Chapter I

We were young. So young. We came from different worlds, different universes. But that didn't matter to us. We loved each other, and that's all we cared about.

---

I had recently joined the Fire Nation ranks, under my father's pressure. He told me that I was no son of his if I wasn't out there battling the Earth Nation. My brother had managed to escape from what was now my life, but I wasn't as lucky. My eigtheenth birthday rolled around, and that very day, I enrolled in the Fire Nation army. For five months, I trained rigorsly alongside other men around my age, all of them willing, unlike myself. It felt like torture, and I actually led myself into believing that once we were sent out into battle, things would get better.

I was wrong. Everything became horribly wrong, even moreso than before. I cannot count how many people I was forced to kill, how many lives I was forced to ruin. I felt as though death would be less of a punishment than the life I was living. Then I met her.

----

"Get up, Jonas," I heard one of my fellow soldiers whisper. His name was Haruto, and he was about the only man in our squad besides myself who despised being there.

I mumbled something, and kept my face buried into my small pillow. The night before, we had raided a small village, and I had taken more than enough of my share of boulders and earth pillars. My body was sore all over, and I felt as though I could lie there forever. That is, until I felt a swift kick in my side, making the soreness intensify. I heard that rough, scratchy voice that could only belong to General Kenta.

"Get up, you lazy grunt," He commanded. I slowly got up, pushing back the pieces of black hair that had shrowded my vision. Kenta yanked me up by my collar, "helping" me get up faster. I shot a quick glare at the back of his head as he grunted at me and stalked away, eyeing one of the other soldiers who was taking too long to wake up. Haruto jabbed me in the arm to get my attention.

"Do you want Kenta to kill you?" He asked, and I chuckled.

"Sure. It'd be better than being under his command," I said, and he laughed a little, too.

---

After a quick gathering of supplies, we headed for out next target: a small village, where, supposedly, a small army of Earth Nation soldiers had stopped at. Haruto and I fell in line behind the rest of our squad, and started talking.

"What do you think? I bet I could hit the back of his head from here," He said, a small rock in his hand, trying to judge how far the distance was from us to Kenta.

"Haruto, quit it," I said, trying to get him to stop.

"Fine, fine," He said, letting out a huff, then throwing the rock at one of the soldiers with a helmet on. It made a sharp "clang" on the metal, making the soldier look at the man next to him.

"Hey!" He said, shoving him.

"What?!" The other soldier said, glaring at him. They went on shoving and yelling at each other like this for a few moments, until Kenta yelled back at them to shut up.

The whole time, Haruto and I were chuckling to ourselves.

---

Two, maybe three, hours passed, and we finally came to the outskirts of the village. Most of the squad hid behind an overgrowth of bushes, while a few men got closer to see how many, if any at all, soldiers were guarding the village. We waited quietly, now unable to talk unless we wanted Kenta to yell at us for "alerting the enemy".

The three men that had scouted out the village rreturned a few minutes later.

"Well?" Kenta asked impatiently.

"They seem to have little to no defense on any sides, sir. We should be able to infiltrate easily," One of the men reported.

"Alright. You heard him, let's go, men!" Kenta said to the rest of us. We got up from our crouched positions, and started to slowly march towards the village. Suddenly, the ground shook underneath us, and before any of us could do anything, a large pillar of earth erupted undernearth us. I, along with most of the other men, flew up into the air. I landed roughly on my back, and slowly got up. My eyes widened, and I realized that we were surrounded by enemy soldiers. I sighed, as Kenta shouted.

"Attack!" He yelled, and shot a large fireball at two of the soldiers directly in front of him. I looked around for some sort of escape from battle, a crack in their barracade of men. I couldn't see one.

I sighed again, and shot a few small fireballs at one of the men in front of me. He easily brought up a wall of earth to block it, and I took this as an opportunity. I ran at the wall before he could put it down, then jumped, doing a half a handstand over the wall, and landing behind the soldier. I kneed him in the back, alerting him of my presence, then punched him in the face when he turned around. He punched me in the stomach, making me stumble a few steps. I kicked him in the stomach, then in the side once he was on the ground. He shakily got up, and glared at me. I just frowned, then punched him once more in the face. He fell to the ground, and didn't get back up.

I looked around, and realized that in the time it took me to do all of this, the rest of my squad had managed to defeat the rest of the enemy soldiers. They were already starting to head towards the village. Haruto grabbed my arm as he ran past.

"Let's go," He said, and we ran towards the village.

End of Chapter I

Alright...reply!
Back to top Go down
Spooky
Admin
Spooky

Female Number of posts : 4997
Current Location : Why?....Are you stalking me?! o.O'
Humor : "Every fight is a food fight when you're a canibal"....What?
Hobbies : Things....Certain things....
Registration date : 2008-02-12

Hey There Delilah Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey There Delilah   Hey There Delilah Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 2:27 am

Wooooohhh!! xP

I've already read this part, though....Hmm....Good job, anyway!! xD
Back to top Go down

Hey There Delilah Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey There Delilah   Hey There Delilah Icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 6:38 am

Cool, you shou;d keep writing it!
Back to top Go down
Batgirl
Admin
Batgirl

Hey There Delilah Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey There Delilah   Hey There Delilah Icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 8:30 pm

I ish! I'm on the third chapter currently, and have also been posting it on Nick.com. Been getting lots of good feedback there. Glad you guys like it!
Back to top Go down
Spooky
Admin
Spooky

Hey There Delilah Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey There Delilah   Hey There Delilah Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 2:17 am

Yay for continuing to write it! It's turning out really good so far, from what I've read. =D
Back to top Go down

Hey There Delilah Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey There Delilah   Hey There Delilah Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 8:00 am

Yeah, I'm hooked on what happens!
Back to top Go down
Batgirl
Admin
Batgirl

Hey There Delilah Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey There Delilah   Hey There Delilah Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 12:54 am

Alrighty...I'm not even gonna issue a warning, because I'm actually not sure if there's much that's bad about this chapter. It might suck, might not, that's for you guys to decide.

---

Chapter II

By sunset, we had taken the village, all of the soldiers that had not been killed being sent to a prison somewhere. We forced innocent villagers to let us stay in their homes, make us food, anything to make us "comfortable" and them miserable.

Haruto and I were "assigned" by Kenta to a smaller house, where a family lived. We came to the house, and I knocked on the door. We were instantly met by an extremely unhappy-looking girl. She was seventeen, maybe eighteen, had a little past shoulder-length brown hair, and bright green eyes. She spoke.

"What do you want?" She spat out, glaring at the two of us.

"Um...we were told that we would be staying here," I said, trying to smile a little. I hated it when people thought Haruto and I were monsters like the rest of the Fire Nation.

"Fine," She said, and walked away, leaving the door open. Haruto and I exchanged glances, then stepped into the small house, looking around. We were immediatly met by a little boy, no more than four years of age.

"Hi mister!" He said, obviously too young to truly understand what exactly was going on here. I bent down to about his height and smiled.

"Hello there. What's your name?" I asked. He answered almost immediately

"Ryuu. What's yours?" He asked.

"I'm Jonas, and this is my friend Har-" I started, but was interuppted by the girl swooping in and picking Ryuu up.

"Stay away from them, Ryuu. They're bad people," I could hear her whisper to him as they walked away. A man walked up to us, looking us over. He was quite tall, and he had a loud voice.

"I take it you two are the soldiers we're supposed to be housing?" He asked.

"Yes, sir," I said, trying to sound somewhat...respectful. He stared at us for a moment longer, then waved a hand, gesturing towards a room behind him with the door closed.

"You'll sleep in there. I hope you don't mind having to sleep in such close quarters," He said, feigning actually caring whether or not we cared. I thought I heard him laugh a little to himself, then start to walk into the other room. He stopped suddenly, obviously remembering something.

"Dinner is in about thirty minutes. If you don't like our food, then you can starve," He said, then continued walking away. Haruto and I simetaneously let out sighs, then walked into the room the man had pointed to. I opened the door, and we both walked in. The room was very small, but I think that we were both grateful that it wasn't a closet or something. To the right, there was a small table with a candle on it. Directly in front of us were two small cots, a few feet away from each other. And to the left, there was a bookcase with a few books and some scrolls sitting in it.

We dropped the bags that we had with us on the ground next to our cots, each claiming one of the cots for ourselves. I sat down on the cot next to my things, well Haruto checked out the bookcase. I took off the piece of armor I had on that protected my torso, then sort of stretched out my arms, relieved to have that weight off of my shoulders. Underneath my armor I had on a red tunic, then these odd-looking black-pants that soldiers wore, and combat boots.

I glanced over at Haruto, who was now sitting down on his cot with a scroll in hand.

"Anything interesting?" I asked.

"Nah, not really. I think this is a history of this village. Not much to it," He said, then put the scroll back on the shelf. He took of his armor as well, then lied down on his cot, staring up at the ceiling. After a few moments of silence, he spoke.

"So, what do you think of that girl?" He asked, smiling.

"What do you mean?" I asked, squinting my eyes at him. He sat up, then spoke again.

"She's pretty, isn't she?" He specified.

"Yeah, I guess. But she obviously hates us," I said, letting out a sigh.

"So? She's still pretty. Her hating our guts doesn't have anything to do with her looks," He said, and I laughed, sitting against the wall that my cot was against.

"Yeah, that's true."

---

Haruto and I both stayed in our room until dinner, then decided that it had been about thirty minutes and started to leave our room. I opened our door, and was instantly met by the girl. She looked a little surprised, but she didn't let it show for long. Her face soon turned back to the glare she always seemed to wear.

"My father told me to come get you," She said, then turned to walk to the kitchen.

"Wait," I said, making her stop.

"What?"

"I never got your name," I said, smiling.

There was an awkward pause, then she finally spoke.

"Delilah," She answered, then walked away hurriedly.

"Delilah," I reapeated quietly to myself. Haruto walked from behind me, following her to the kitchen.

"C'mon, Jo. I'm starving," He said, and I followed.

---

The kitchen was almost as small as Haruto and I's room. There was a counter against one wall, and door against the other. In the middle of the room was a table set for six. At the head of the table was Delilah and Ryuu's father. Next to him on the left was Delilah, and next to him on his left was Ryuu, sitting on top of something so that he could reach the table. Haruto sat down next to Delilah, making her almost cringe. I sat down next to Ryuu.

"Hi, Jonas!" He said, smiling.

"Hello," I said quietly, then stared at the table in front of me. A few minutes later, a woman, whom I guessed to be Delilah and Ryuu's mother, came to the table. She sat down three plates with food in front of her husband and children, then came back with three more plates, putting two of them in front of Haruto and I, then sitting down opposite from her husband. I stared at my plate. It looked to be some sort of fish, with rice on the side next to it. I picked up the utensils on the table next to the plate, and tried it. It wasn't as strong or spicy as Fire Nation food, but it was still pretty good. I had taken a few bites when I heard the woman's voice.

"I take it you two like it?" She asked. I looked at Haruto, who had already finished off half of his plate.

"Yes, ma'am. It's very good," I said, nodding. She smiled slightly, then spoke again.

"We never got your names," She said, and I realized we hadn't introduced ourselves.

"Of course. I'm sorry," I apoligized. "I'm Jonas, and my apparently starving friend over there is Haruto," I said, referring to how Haruto had pretty much finished off his plate. She chuckled.

"Well, I am Aimi, and my husband is Ryouchi," She said. Ryouchi just let out a grunt, signifing some sort of agreement to this. I nodded again, then went back to eating. Before I could even get the next bite into my mouth, Aimi spoke again.

"How old are you boys, anyway?" She asked.

"Nineteen," Haruto answered, now just sitting in his chair, his plate looking as though he had licked it clean.

"That young?" She asked, seeming surprised.

"Yeah," I said, gulping down a piece of food. That ended our conversation.

---

That night, there was a supposed to be a quick briefing in the middle of the village from Kenta. Haruto and I put our armor back on, and left after dinner. Honestly, we had no idea where we were going, but we quickly decided we'd follow some of the other soldiers that were trickling out of the other houses. We got there, and I looked around. It had gotten quite dark out by the time we got there, and I could barely see any of the other soldiers. That's why I was a little frightened when I suddenly heard Kenta's booming voice over the quiet chatter of
the soldiers.

"Attention!" He shouted getting everyone's attention.

"I sent a hawk to the Fire Lord earlier today, so we will be waiting here for a few days until he sends back orders. So, get used to living with these scum; we'll be here for a while," He said, and quickly walked away without another word.

This truly came as a shock. We never stayed in an Earth Nation village for more than a day, and that was usually just because we needed time to gather supplies and such. If we were supposed to wait for orders, we usually set up camp away from a village.

As Haruto and I tried to find our way back, I voiced my surprise.

"Why do you think Kenta's letting us stay here for a few days?"

"I don't know. It's weird, though," He answered back.

Neither of us had much to say, I suppose, so we walked silently, the quiet sounds of people in their houses the only noise to keep us company.

End of Chapter II

---

Alright...reply! I need some critique! I need to know if it needs work...Someone tell me this is horrible!
Back to top Go down

Hey There Delilah Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey There Delilah   Hey There Delilah Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 9:11 am

This is good! There were a few spelling errors, and the syntax is a bit off, but it's quality stuff, and that should be commended.
Back to top Go down
Batgirl
Admin
Batgirl

Hey There Delilah Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey There Delilah   Hey There Delilah Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 5:00 pm

Thank you! Yeah, I keep on forgetting to spell-check...STUPID SHORT-TERM MEMORY LOSS!!! ...Anyway, I'm glad you liked it. ^^
Back to top Go down
Spooky
Admin
Spooky

Hey There Delilah Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey There Delilah   Hey There Delilah Icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2009 2:40 am

Spell check? You're lucky! (Razz)
Since my computer lacks the amazing program of Microsoft Word Document, I have to write everything on the whole "Word Pad" thing. And it doesn't have spelling or grammer check. So I pretty much have to guess if it's right or wrong. But I'm usually safe (not to brag, but I'm pretty good at spelling and grammar and stuff ^^').

Anyway, good job! =D
Back to top Go down
Batgirl
Admin
Batgirl

Hey There Delilah Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey There Delilah   Hey There Delilah Icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2009 5:14 am

Yeah, I have Microsoft Word, but I don't use it...'cause I'm lazy, mainly. I usually just copy the chapter, post it in an e-mail, and use the spell-check feature. (Actually...I usually just wait until I'm sending something to you, spell-check it then, then copy and paste the new, shiny, spell-checked chapter back in the Note Pad thing, and send it to you. Razz)

And thanks!
Back to top Go down
Spooky
Admin
Spooky

Hey There Delilah Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey There Delilah   Hey There Delilah Icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2009 5:18 am

I used to use Microsoft Word all the time, cuz our other computer had it. But, for some strang reason, this computer doesn't. So I'm stuck with guessing. - -'

And you're welcome! ^^
Back to top Go down
Batgirl
Admin
Batgirl

Hey There Delilah Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey There Delilah   Hey There Delilah Icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2009 5:20 am

Yeah...I don't really like Microsoft Word, because it'll sometimes automatically correct stuff, which is bad, because it usually thinks most Avatar names aren't real words, and'll change them to something else. It's annoying...
Back to top Go down
Spooky
Admin
Spooky

Hey There Delilah Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey There Delilah   Hey There Delilah Icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2009 5:25 am

Well, yeah, that is kinda annoying. But, sometimes, I'll (or, "I would've", I guess '^^) just add the names to the dictionary. That way, it won't automatically get "corrected". Razz
Back to top Go down
Batgirl
Admin
Batgirl

Hey There Delilah Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey There Delilah   Hey There Delilah Icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2009 5:30 am

...I'll have to actually take a look at it more...Razz
Back to top Go down
Batgirl
Admin
Batgirl

Hey There Delilah Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey There Delilah   Hey There Delilah Icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2009 3:55 am

Alright! Next chapter! I hope you guys like it...Or not. Whichever.

Chapter III

Chapter III

By the time we got back, everyone seemed to already of gone to sleep. The candles had been put out, leaving us to wander around in the dark.

"Any idea where the room is?" Haruto whispered, feeling his hands around for a door.

"Nope," I answered, doing the same. Finally, I let out a sigh, and made a small flame in my right hand. I lifted my hand up to look around, and instantly noticed a face in front of me.

"Ah!" I yelled, falling backwards, letting the flame go out. The face brought a small candle up. It was Ryouchi.

"H-hello, sir," I said, hurrying to get up.

"What are you two idiots doing?" He growled, and I noticed that Haruto was now standing at my side.

"We couldn't find our room," I explained nervously. He simply let out a small angry sigh, reached his hand to the left, and opened a door. The dim light from his candle reveals our room.

---

The next morning, I wake up to a little face staring down at me. I sat up, quickly realizing the face to be Ryuu.

"Mornin', Jonas!" He said, a big smile on his face. I grunted out a small "'Morning", too tired to be as cheery as he was. I grabbed my tunic, slipping it on, half-listening to Ryuu chatter on.

"C'mon!" He said, grabbing on to my arm. "Mama's making breakfast," He yelled in my ear, pulling me up. I let him drag me all the way to the table, then sit me down. He sat down next to me, then started talking at a million words a minute again. The only thing that really interested me was when he said something about his brother.

"Did you know that my big brother is in the army? He's fightin' bad Fire Nation soldiers!" He said. I almost laughed. He seriously didn't realize what exactly was going on. I was glad, though. I didn't want him to think of me as a monster like the rest of those demons.

"Like the men that took over this village?" I questioned.

"Yeah!"

So he did realize what was going on, he just didn't know that I was a part of them.

Before I could say more, Delilah came into the room, sitting down across from me.

"Good morning," I said, smiling at her. She looked up, but not at me.

"Good morning, Ryuu," She said to her brother, ignoring me. I frowned slightly, but before I could dwell, Aimi brought some food to the table. It looked like oatmeal our squad usually ate when we had the chance to eat breakfast, but tasted a whole lot better. This time, no one spoke. There was just this awkward silence for all of breakfast.

Once we were all finished, I volounteered to clear the table.

"That's nice of you," Aimi started. "But I can get it."

"Please," I said back. "I insist."

Before she could protest, I took everyone's empty plates. As I took Delilah's, she shot me a confused look. I simply smiled and took everything over to their sink. I started to wash them, then heard Aimi say something. I heard a chair scoot out from the table, and someone walk up behind me. It was Delilah.

"My mother told me to help you," She muttered, and took a bowl I had just been reaching for. Everyone had started to file out of the room, so I decided to say something to her.

"Listen," I started, my voice soft. "I'm not like the rest of those monsters who took over your village. I hate them as much as you do, maybe even more."

"Yeah, right," She said, not even glancing at me.

I sighed, and continued.

"I'm telling you the truth," I said, my voice getting a little rougher. "I can't stand being one of them,"

"Then why are you?" She asked angrily, now looking straight at me.

"My...my fa-" But before I could continue, Ryouchi's voice came booming from the other room.

"Delilah, get in here!" He yelled.

She immediately left, leaving the dish she had been cleaning. I..."growled", angry that I couldn't get my words out in time.

---

After I finished washing the dishes, I walked into their small living room. To my confusion, no one was there except for Haruto, who was sitting on a chair reading another one of those scrolls from our room.

"Where is everybody?" I asked him. He looked up, and looked around, seemingly wondering the same thing.

"Uhh...I don't know," He said, rubbing the back of his neck. "One of our scouts came to the door a little while ago, I think. Maybe Kenta's making some of the villagers work," He suggested, then went back to his scroll.

"Real helpful," I said, a hint of sarcasm in my voice.

---

I decided I might as well go look around the village. I left the small house, and started to wander around the village. It was quite small, but it seemed as though they tried to keep it nice. Unfortunately, after our attack yesterday, a few things were scorched.

As I walked through the village, I could feel everyone glaring at me. It felt awful, having everyone hate you. I just continued to walk, avoiding eye contact. After a while, I noticed a small field of sorts just on the outskirts of the town. I could see a bunch of villagers working, and I noticed one face in-paticular; Delilah's.

I walked towards her. She didn't even notice as I walked up next to her. She obviously didn't seem too used to doing this, as she was having trouble using the hoe she was holding. For one, she had the metal facing the wrong way.

"Need some help with that?" I asked, surprising her.

"Don't sneak up on me like that!" She scolded. I just laughed.

"Sorry," I said, and since she had decided not to answer me, I just took the hoe out of her hands.

"Hey!" She said.

"You were holding it wrong," I explained, and turned it the right way, then started to use it.

"I can do it myself," She said, and tried to take it back from me.

"It's fine. I don't mind," I said, remembering my mother letting me help her in her garden when I was much younger. Then I remembered how much that upset my father, which made me laugh slightly.

"What?" She asked, now standing to the side, defeated.

"Nothing...My father would hate to see me doing this," I told her. "He hated it when I did stuff like this. Said it was for people lesser than us. By that I guess he meant people that didn't live in the upper part of the Fire Nation capital," I said, remembering that house of ours.

"I hate that place. I'd say I was glad to get away from it, but the only reason I got away from it was because I was forced to join the army," I explained, glad to get out what I had tried to say earlier. I glanced over at her, and she had this look of deep thought on her face, like she was realizing what I was trying to tell her back when we were washing dishes.

"But...you're Fire Nation. You're supposed to love the Fire Nation and hate the Earth Nation," She said, pretty much trying to tell me what I should be.

"Yeah, I guess I get it from my brother. A few months before his eighteenth birthday, he left the house in the middle of the night. He wasn't about to be forced to join the army. I guess I should've done the same thing, not sure why I di-" Yet again, I couldn't finish my sentence. This time, though, it wasn't Delilah's father yelling at me; it was Kenta.

"Jonas!" He yelled at me, making me practically jump. I looked around and noticed him stomping towards us. His face...I'd say he looked mad, but that would be an understatement.

"Great..." I muttered as he stopped at us.

"What do you think you're doing, grunt?" He hissed, looking between me and Delilah.

"I was ju-"

"Don't even try to explain yourself. This is their work," He said, the word "their" like it burned his tongue.

"He was just trying to help me," Delilah said from beside me, glaring at him.

"What did you say?! Did I give you permission to talk to me?" He said, and slapped her on the face.

"Uh!" She grunted, and fell to the ground.

"Hey!" I yelled, dropping the hoe, then, with this sudden surge of courage, I punched him.

If he was angry before, then it was a hundred times worse now. He had stumbled slightly, but even with my newfound courage, I don't think I ever could of knocked him to the ground.

"You're protecting this...this...thing?" He shouted.

"Thing?! She is a human being, and I'm not going to let you push her around like that!" I shot back.

A small crowd of villagers had gathered near us by now, and were watching with either confusion or happiness, I couldn't tell which. Either way, what they had gathered to see was about to end.

"You want to protect her, then you'll both suffer the same fate" He said, and grabbed us both by the arms.

End of Chapter III

---

Tell me what you think!
Back to top Go down

Hey There Delilah Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey There Delilah   Hey There Delilah Icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2009 12:17 pm

Waoh, Kayla, that's awesome!
I wish I had an Earth Kingdom girl to protect.
WAhh!
Back to top Go down
Batgirl
Admin
Batgirl

Hey There Delilah Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey There Delilah   Hey There Delilah Icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2009 5:17 pm

Thanks, Kip! ^^ I had a lot of fun writing that chapter...It was nice to have Jonas stand up for himself.
Back to top Go down

Hey There Delilah Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey There Delilah   Hey There Delilah Icon_minitimeSat Feb 21, 2009 7:28 am

Yeah, I like tha action parts in it a lot.
Back to top Go down
Batgirl
Admin
Batgirl

Hey There Delilah Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey There Delilah   Hey There Delilah Icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 1:35 am

Ooo-kay, I haven't really worked on this in a while, nor do I have any idea what I'm going to do next in the chapters to come, but I figure I may as well post the chapters I HAVE finished. ^^' Soo...here's chapter 4.

--

Chapter IV

By noon, Delilah and I were both sitting in the village jail, temporarily being used by the Fire Nation. We were sitting what was in reality a few feet away from each other, but what felt like a mile. We sat there for an hour in silence, just the silent snoring of the soldier that was guarding us in the background. Finally, she spoke up.

"Th-...thank you," She said, obviously having a bit of trouble saying those words.

"You are welcome," I said, blushing slightly. There were a few more moments of awkward silence, when she spoke again.

"What do you think he's going to do to us?"

"Knowing Kenta...Either kill us or make us wish he would."

"Great."

"Yeah...well, we can't let that happen. We'll have to escape," I said, my voice turning to a whisper, just in case the guard woke up.

"How? We'll never get a few steps away from this place before they catch us."

"We'll wait until it's dark, when there's less soldiers wandering around."

"Then what? We can't just go back to my house. My father would kill us both, and if he didn't, that would probably be the first place they looked."

"We'll leave this village, run. They'll never find us."

"I can't just leave my family, either, though! We'll...We'll just have to wait and see what happens," She said, letting out a sigh. She may of been ready to give up, but I wasn't.

---

It was starting to get dark when someone came into the jail. I couldn't make out who it was right away, but when they walked up to our cell, I instantly recognized them as Haruto.

"Jonas, what did you do?!" He asked, whispering as loud as he could without alerting the guard.

"Kenta was-"

"It doesn't matter. We gotta get you out of here," He said, and just then Delilah came up next to me.

"We already went over this," She said to him. "There's no way."

"There's always a way," He said, and I could already see the wheels turning in his head.

---

As the day went one, the three of us planned our escape. Delilah obviously wasn't happy, but I think we may of convinced her that it really was the best thing to do.

Night had come, and now all we had to do was wait. Haruto had left a little before so that he go and eat dinner. We had all agreed that he shouldn't tell Delilah's family.

---

--Haruto's Point-of-view--

Man, I could practically feel the anger coming from Ryouchi as we ate dinner. I insisted that I didn't know what happened to Delilah, but he definetly didn't believe me.

The plan was for me to wait until everyone went to bed, grab Jo and me's stuff, and get outta there and back to the jail as fast as humanly possible. Yesterday, I had been hating the fact that the village was so dark, now I was happy. Less of a chance of someone spotting me, then throwin' me in the jail with Jo and Delilah. Then we'd all be toast.

Anyway, that WAS the plan, but I was starting to think that was gonna have to change. A little after dinner, everyone started to get ready to go to sleep. I went into the room Jo and me had been staying in, and started to pack up our stuff. Suddenly, I heard a little "click" come from the door. I looked up from the stuff, and looked behind me at the door. It had been locked. I dropped the bag I was holding and ran over to the door. I tried the handle, and found out I was right. I banged on the door with my fist, shouting.

"Hey!" I yelled. "Let me out!"

No answer.

"Great. Just...great."

---

--Jonas's Point-of-view--

It had been dark for at least a few hours now, and I was starting to get worried.

"Where do you think he is?" I whispered to Delilah, obviously referring to Haruto.

"Maybe he chickened out," She suggested, letting out a sigh. I scoffed.

"No way. Haruto'd never pass up the chance to get away from our squad. He hates the Fire Nation, more than me if that's possible. No, something must be wr-"
Before I could finish my sentence, though, Haruto walked in the jail's door. He snuck past the guard, who was-yet again-sleeping. He had our bags on his shoulders.

"Where have you been?" I whispered as loud as I could.

"Sorry...Had a few obstacles," He muttered, then got to work on our lock. I noticed some bandages on his hands, but decided not to bother asking.

A few moments later, the lock to our cell came open. Haruto opened the door, then swept his arm with a flourish towards the exit.

"Let's go."

End of Chapter IV

--

...Yep. Alrighty, tell me what you guys--or, guy, since Kip is the only one here currently who watches Avatar--thought. I must know!
Back to top Go down
Person who is not Kip
Person who is not Kip

Male Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2009-04-20

Hey There Delilah Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey There Delilah   Hey There Delilah Icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 2:30 am

Whoot!
Glad to see this continuing!
A great escape, how exciting.
Back to top Go down
Batgirl
Admin
Batgirl

Hey There Delilah Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey There Delilah   Hey There Delilah Icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 5:21 am

Thanks for posting, Kip. ^^ I shall post the next chapter soon!
Back to top Go down
Spooky
Admin
Spooky

Hey There Delilah Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey There Delilah   Hey There Delilah Icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2009 12:49 am

La gasp! I've already read this part, but...it's still good! Yayness! Keep writing, so I can keep reading! (Yes, I know I am selfish...Razz)
Back to top Go down
Batgirl
Admin
Batgirl

Hey There Delilah Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey There Delilah   Hey There Delilah Icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 4:57 am

Yay for being selfish! Razz

Alrighty...this chapter is short, but here ya go...

---

Chapter V

Getting through the village was pretty easy, but it was the getting out that was going to be difficult. There were two soldiers posted at every entrance, and we weren't about to try to sneak past them and get fried. We hid in one of the alleys near one of the houses near one of the entrances, contemplating our choices. After a few minutes of not being able to think of anything, Haruto spoke.

"Alright, this is crazy, guys. Listen, this is what we'll do. I'll distract the soldiers, while you two make your getaway," He said, and I immediatly protested.

"No way, Haruto!" I said. "We're not leaving without you."

"Then what are we gonna do, man? I don't think they're gonna let us just walk right by 'em. We've got no other choice."

"No," I said, but before I could argue anymore, he ran out from our hiding place. He stood in plain sight of the soldiers, then shouted.

"Hey!" He said, and they turned around, as they had been facing towards outside of the village.

"Huh?" I heard one of them say.

"Yeah, I'm talking to you, idiots!" He taunted. They looked between each other, then started to run towards him.

"Go!" He whispered as loudly as he could at us, then dashed back towards the middle of the village.

"But-"

"Come on!" Delilah said, grabbing my arm, and pulling me towards the entrance. As we ran, I glanced over my soldier. One of the soldiers tackled Haruto, and punched him.

"Haruto!" I yelled, trying to stop.

"Come on!" Delilah repeated, and started to drag me as best she could.

"Jo, get outta here!" I heard Haruto shout, before he was punched again.

I looked between him and the entrance, and sighed. Then I ran. I don't know how I did it, but I did. I could already feel the guilt in my stomach, but still, I ran. I ran away from the best friend I had ever known. I ran towards freedom. I ran.

End of Chapter V

---

...Reply![/b]
Back to top Go down
Spooky
Admin
Spooky

Hey There Delilah Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey There Delilah   Hey There Delilah Icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2009 12:03 am

Even though I've already read this part, it's good! I can't wait to read an actual new chapter, though. '^^
How is this story coming along, by the way?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hey There Delilah Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey There Delilah   Hey There Delilah Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hey There Delilah
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Cool Zone for kids!-
Jump to: