The Cool Zone for kids!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Cool Zone for kids!

The place for kids!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Nightwing

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Batgirl
Admin
Batgirl

Female Number of posts : 11042
Current Location : Here.
Humor : Uh...moo?
Hobbies : ...Writing, reading, volunteering, and just doing stuff.
Registration date : 2008-01-08

Nightwing Empty
PostSubject: Nightwing   Nightwing Icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2008 9:52 pm

..Ah, why not.

El's right you guys, the Writing forum has just...fizzled out. This won't do much, but I may as well see what people think of it.

I wrote this a little while ago, and now I'm stuck on the second chapter. This is a fan fic about that one comic-book character, Nightwing. I don't stay very up-to-date with Nightwing comics, so a lot of things are just based off of my vast and somehow still limited knowledge of Nightwing and the DCU. ...Not that anyone will realize this, since I'm guessing none of you have ever read a DC comic, but hey, can't hurt. Anyway...here it is. Oh, and this has minor cursing, and possibly some adult themes. I'd give it a PG to PG-13 rating. Also...this probably sucks, so you may want to save your eyes from permanent damage by not reading this. You have been warned.

-------

Prologue
The night air was warm as he swung through the air, a slight breeze making him shiver. He swung down to a building, perching on a corner. He sighed, scanning the area for any action. Finally, something caught his eye in an alley nearby; a drug deal. He grinned slightly at the prospect of breaking these guys up. He swung down closer to the alley, getting a better look. He recognized the dealer, but the guy-who was in his mid-twenties-was a new face.

Nightwing jumped down to the alleyway, startling the two men. The dealer took a gun out of his jacket, aiming it shakily at Nightwing. He couldn't help but chuckle slightly as he dodged a poorly shot bullet, then came up beside the dealer. He grabbed the man by his wrist, twisting it and making him drop the gun to the littered ground. He then grabbed the man's other wrist, twisting it hard and yanking it behind his back.

"You know me better than to draw a gun, don't you Jack?" Nightwing asked, grabbing a pair of handcuffs from his belt and putting them onto the man's wrists.

Nightwing let the man fall to the ground, figuring he'd get back to him in a
moment. He turned to the junkie that Jack had been dealing to. He wore a long overcoat, as well as shades over his eyes. He had gloves on, and he really didn't look like the kind of guy who would be buying drugs. Nightwing took a step forward, and the man extended an arm towards him. Nightwing stopped, staring incredulously at the man. Suddenly, a ball of light started charging in the man's hand, soon becoming the size of a basketball.

"Ah, crap." Nightwing muttered, then jumped to the side as the man shot the ball of light at him. The beam grazed the side of Nightwing's leg, leaving a nice burn. The beam continued into the wall behind where Nightwing had been standing a moment ago, creating a large hole. Nightwing turned to look at the hole, which was a mistake. He turned the second he heard footsteps, and met the image of the man pulling back his fist to punch Nightwing. Nightwing brought up his arm, deflecting the punch. He kicked the man in the chest, which seemed to have no
affect except for making the man stumble back a little. The man looked up, staring at Nightwing with hate in his eyes. The man ran at Nightwing, charging his hand up again.

"Not again." Nightwing said, stepping to the side as the man ran right into the spot where Nightwing had been standing. Nightwing grabbed the man by the collar of his overcoat, then slammed him into the wall. He brought his face up next to the man's ear.

"You're going to give up. Now." He said, sounding almost as threatening as his mentor.

Suddenly, the man did something that utterly surprised Nightwing. He
disappeared into thin air. Nightwing took a few steps back, looking around. No trace of the man.

"Damn it!" He yelled in frustration, slamming his hand against the side of the wall. A very dangerous man had just vanished into thin air, and Nightwing had a very long night ahead of him.

End of Prologue

----

..I seriously hate that last part. Maybe I'll rewrite it...Anyway, as always, good and bad critique is welcomed.
Back to top Go down

Nightwing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nightwing   Nightwing Icon_minitimeMon Dec 22, 2008 2:42 am

I don't know why I didn't read this before! I quite Like it!
Good job!
Back to top Go down
Batgirl
Admin
Batgirl

Female Number of posts : 11042
Current Location : Here.
Humor : Uh...moo?
Hobbies : ...Writing, reading, volunteering, and just doing stuff.
Registration date : 2008-01-08

Nightwing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nightwing   Nightwing Icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2009 3:41 am

Really? Thanks, Kip!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Nightwing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nightwing   Nightwing Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Nightwing
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum