The Cool Zone for kids!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Cool Zone for kids!

The place for kids!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Just Another Fan Fiction

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Batgirl
Admin
Batgirl

Female Number of posts : 11042
Current Location : Here.
Humor : Uh...moo?
Hobbies : ...Writing, reading, volunteering, and just doing stuff.
Registration date : 2008-01-08

Just Another Fan Fiction Empty
PostSubject: Just Another Fan Fiction   Just Another Fan Fiction Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 10:13 pm

Alrighty then....Some of you may remember my "Teen Titans Fan Fiction" that I posted a while back. Well, in my mind, it was awful, completely and utterly awful. So, I rewrote it. I went back and am now totally changing/rewriting it through the main character's, Jonathan, point-of-view.

I'd say it's rated PG-13, because it has some cursing, and may have some violent action later on. Anyway....Here's to hoping that this one doesn't suck.

~-~-~-~-~-~-~

Chapter I

I never thought this would happen. EVER. I was just a some teenager, not normal by any means, but I never showed any signs of powers or anything like that. Hell, I actually thought that most of those superhero people were freaks. Then I became one of those "freaks", and everything changed. My name is Jonathan Wayne, and this is my story.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I woke up that day, and somehow I knew that was the day. I had been perfecting my powers for almost a year. I had one of those stupid costumes they all seem to wear, a dorky-sounding name, and even a "secret origin". Exciting, huh? Yeah, that's what I thought.

Anyway, I got out of bed, and immediately went for the police scanner I had acquired a few months earlier. That's how I spent most of my time; sitting in my room in boxers, waiting for something interesting to happen. Of course, usually by the time I could get my uniform on, the Teen Titans-The "protectors" of Jump City, the little city I lived in-had already dealed with whatever was wrong. This time, though, I just had this feeling. I knew that "today was the day". So, I grabbed my "uniform", and got dressed. It wasn't much, just a black t-shirt, with a lighting bolt down the front, and a pair of black jeans.

Now, I guess I should explain what kinda powers I have. Basically, I can control electricity, generate it, and use it kind of like how that Green Lantern guy uses his powers. Oh, and I can "turn" my powers on and off. Meaning, with a thought, I can go to my normal brown haired, green eyed self, to a freak with yellow eyes and hair. Yeah, yellow. I didn't like it either, but I guess it did come in handy for when I needed a "secret identity".

Anyway, back to my story. After I finished getting dressed, I sat back down, turned on the scanner, and waited. And waited. And waited some more. I waited probably for a few hours, just sitting there, listening to some random chatter.

"Ugh. Is there NOTHING going on in this stupid ci-" I started to whine, but was cut off by something that caught my interest. I didn't have the best reception, but it was enough.

"We've got a hostage sit-------down at-----jewelry st---on 3rd. Cont----the Titans."

Now, maybe I should explain something. The police in Jump are basically the laziest cops you'll ever meet. They rely on the Teen Titans to do everything. Seriously. I bet they'd even call them in just to get a cat out of a tree. Lazy bastards.

Anyway, I would've rather it been something more like a robbery, but a hostage situation was just as good. This was my chance, and I was going to take it.

End of Chapter I

~-~-~-~-~-~-~

Yeah....the end was a little corny, but besides that, I actually thought it was good. But, what do you guys think? Critique is always welcome, especially the bad kind.
Back to top Go down
Devil_101
Devil_101

Female Number of posts : 1305
Current Location : England (the place where it rains all the time)
Hobbies : Fanfiction, reading, writting
Registration date : 2007-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Just Another Fan Fiction   Just Another Fan Fiction Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 10:17 pm

ill read when i get more time :d
Back to top Go down
Batgirl
Admin
Batgirl

PostSubject: Re: Just Another Fan Fiction   Just Another Fan Fiction Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 10:52 pm

Mucho appreciated.
Back to top Go down
Devil_101
Devil_101

PostSubject: Re: Just Another Fan Fiction   Just Another Fan Fiction Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 11:19 pm

hehe Razz
Back to top Go down
Devil_101
Devil_101

PostSubject: Re: Just Another Fan Fiction   Just Another Fan Fiction Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2008 1:32 pm

Apart form the swear words its awesome!
Back to top Go down
Batgirl
Admin
Batgirl

PostSubject: Re: Just Another Fan Fiction   Just Another Fan Fiction Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2008 5:01 pm

Yeah, the swear words had to be there. Razz It's just a part of Jonathan's attitude/personality.

You liked it? Awesome. ^^
Back to top Go down
Devil_101
Devil_101

PostSubject: Re: Just Another Fan Fiction   Just Another Fan Fiction Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2008 6:05 pm

yep realy good Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Just Another Fan Fiction   Just Another Fan Fiction Icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2008 7:49 am

Hmmm............ The story is certainly engaging, and I don't think superheroes really think about aspiring heroes and giving them a chance, so it's good you have included this theme in your story.
Plus it'd be really cool if you could turn on and of electricity.
Does he sense electrons or something?
Or does he use electromagnetic waves?
?
Back to top Go down
Devil_101
Devil_101

PostSubject: Re: Just Another Fan Fiction   Just Another Fan Fiction Icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2008 1:54 pm

its a story!
you dont have to go into detail.
Back to top Go down
Batgirl
Admin
Batgirl

PostSubject: Re: Just Another Fan Fiction   Just Another Fan Fiction Icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2008 5:27 pm

Um, yeah, you do. The more detail the better.

Now, I say electricity, but it's more like he's controlling light sometimes. He can control anything that uses electricity/
Back to top Go down
Devil_101
Devil_101

PostSubject: Re: Just Another Fan Fiction   Just Another Fan Fiction Icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2008 7:12 pm

cool, By the Way could someone readmy gothic story?
Back to top Go down
Batgirl
Admin
Batgirl

PostSubject: Re: Just Another Fan Fiction   Just Another Fan Fiction Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2008 3:58 am

Alright, here it is: Chapter II. I pretty much hate this chapter, but it's all I could come up with. See, I had already wrote the basic premise of this chapter in a one-shot where Jon was telling his life-story, so it was hard for me to change some things. I wanted to, but I just couldn't think of ways to change it. I like the ending, but the middle sucks. That's a warning. Anyway, here it is.

~-~-~-~-~-~-~

Chapter II

Picking up right where I left off: I pretty much sped down the stairs of my apartment-building, out the back door, and into an alley behind the building. I looked around to make sure no one was watching, then moved some garbage cans out of the way. Behind them, I had hidden this customized motorcycle I had bought.

Okay, I know what you're thinking. "How the hell could you afford a motorcycle?!" Well...see...I'm kinda rich. Like, really rich. And now you're saying, "Then why the hell did you live in some crappy little apartment?!" See, I don't really like using all of that money unless I have to. I mean, it's nice to know it's there, but I don't use it. Now, let's get back to the story.

So, I fished the keys to the bike out of my pocket, revved it up, grabbed my helmet, turned on my powers, and raced out of that alley. Man, that was a long sentence. Anyway, I raced down the street, dodging between cars. It wasn't too far from my apartment building to 3rd street, so it only took me a few minutes to get there. I braked a few feet away from a cop car, taking off my helmet. I walked up to two cops who seemed to be discussing something. Before I could say anything, one of them spoke.

"Who are you, kid? Where're the Titans?" He asked, looking me over.

"Uh..I'm Static, officer."

"You a Titan?" The other cop asked.

"No, I'm not. I'm here to help, though." I said, suddenly really nervous for some reason. The two cops looked between each other, seemingly trying not to laugh. Before they could say anything, another cop walked up behind the two of them.

"There a problem here, men?"

"No, sir." The one who had spoke first answered, looking almost a little scared. The man looked at me, then gestured for me to follow him. We walked over to another car and he spoke.

"Alright, I don't know who you are, but we need your help. Two men have taken the woman in their hostage. Her parents said that one of them is her ex-boyfriend. We haven't heard anything about a ransom, and we suspect this is just revenge. One of the men has a gun, though, otherwise we'd already have them booked and all of this over with. What can you do?" He explained. It took me a moment to respond, and I stuttered stupidly when I finally did.

"Uh...I could probably capture them from afar. I just need to get inside the store."

"Alright, we'll do that."

I nodded, and then realized that he was done talking. I walked slowly towards the jewlery store, glancing back at the group of cops that had been assembled. They all looked at me skeptically, which made me even more nervous than I already was. I opened the door very slowly, trying not to make the little bell on it ring. I looked around the store. The place was completely trashed. The cases that had been holding jewelry and stuff we're knocked over and broken on the floor, and there was a few bullet holes in the walls. What caught my eye was the two guys over by the back wall, facing a girl they had backed into the wall. They obviously had no idea I was there. The one on the right was talking to the girl-who was crying-, but I couldn't hear what they were saying. I guess the girl must of said something to piss him off, because a second later, he hit her with the gun.

I snuck towards the two idiots, trying to make sure I didn't step on some glass or something. I wasn't sure at the time how far my powers could reach, so I wanted to get as close as possible so I could stop 'em on the first try. Once I was about five feet from them, I put my hands out, and shot out two beams of light. They hit the guys in the back, and before they could do anything, I closed my hands, making the light spread over their bodies. Before they even realized what was going on, I slammed them into the wall. Figured I should probably leave the rest to the cops, so I decided not to beat 'em up too much.

The girl ran away from the wall, coming towards me. She thanked me about a million times as we walked out of the store. It was kind of annoying, to tell you the truth. Finally, though she stopped, running over to two people who I guess were probably her parents. The two doofus cops ran past me into the store, running over to the two guys and cuffing 'em. The cop from earlier walked over to me.

"That was pretty good, kid."

"Better than the Titans?" I asked, mostly just kidding.

"Yeah...maybe. Alright, we gotta get those guys down to the station. Take care, kid." He said, walking over to his car.

I was watching him drive off and thinking, when I heard a car and a motorcycle drive up behind me. I waited a second until I heard the car door, then turned my head. The Titans. The Teen Titans were there.

Now, you'd think someone would be maybe excited to meet the Titans, or at least a little happy. Me? Well, all I could think as I smiled awkwardly at them was:

Crap. Crap, crap, crap.

End of Chapter II

~-~-~-~-~-~-~

Alright....tell me what you guys think.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Just Another Fan Fiction   Just Another Fan Fiction Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2008 7:48 am

AWESOME!!!!!! I really want to find out what happens, I can honestly say I'm hooked.
NEVER RUN OUT OF IDEAS!!!!
No pressure.
Back to top Go down
Batgirl
Admin
Batgirl

PostSubject: Re: Just Another Fan Fiction   Just Another Fan Fiction Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2008 5:09 pm

Thank you so much, Kip! I'm really glad you liked it.

And I shall not! Razz I actually finished writing the next chapter last night, right after I had posted this. I'll post it later. I like it a lot more than this last chapter, mostly because it kind of shows Jon's first "meeting" with the Titans. I threw in lots of Jon's humor, and I think I actually like it. O_o
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Just Another Fan Fiction   Just Another Fan Fiction Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 7:44 am

How could I not like it?
How could you not like it?
How could anyone not like it?
?
Back to top Go down
Batgirl
Admin
Batgirl

PostSubject: Re: Just Another Fan Fiction   Just Another Fan Fiction Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 4:50 pm

I don't know, it's just that I can hardly ever get the wording exactly right, and I suck at dialogue. My strong points are detail and blood/gore(Meaning, I'm great at explaining how someone just had a sword shoved through them or something) But, obviously I can't just have that without any dialogue. ^^'
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Just Another Fan Fiction   Just Another Fan Fiction Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2008 7:52 am

Actually, I oncer watched a movie and there was ABSOLUTELY NO SPEAKING so maybe you could try to convey that in text?
Back to top Go down
Batgirl
Admin
Batgirl

PostSubject: Re: Just Another Fan Fiction   Just Another Fan Fiction Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2008 5:09 pm

Hm...that would be very interesting...Anyway, since I keep on forgetting and should do this now 'fore I forget....Here's the next chapter! Razz

~-~-~-~-~-~-~

Chapter III

So, I figured I should probably walk over to them. They had definetly already seen me, and I couldn't very well just walk away. So, I walked over, looking over all of them.

Starfire, the naive alien from another planet. She was kind of pretty, but just from what I'd seen on the news and stuff, her and Robin obviously had something going on.

Beast Boy, the green jokester. The dude looked a lot smaller in real life. Seriously, he was probably about 4'10, 4'11.

Cyborg, the cool looking half man, half robot. I don't know how he became half robot, but he obviously seemed comfortable without half of his body.

Robin. ...I really shouldn't put here what my opinion of Robin at that time was. Wasn't very nice, let's leave it at that and move on.

Raven, the goth girl from another dimension. Y'know...she was kind of pretty. Really. I mean, a different pretty than Starfire. I don't know how to explain it.

Okay, I have to admit: It was at least semi-good to meet the Titans. I didn't want them to find out about me elsewhere and think I was trying to take over their turf or something stupid like that. Then again, I didn't really have any "love" towards other superheros. Don't ask why; it's a long story.

Anyway, after what seemed like an eternity but was only about thirty freakin' seconds, I arrived in front of them. They were all staring at me, so I decided to make the first move.

"...Hi," I said awkwardly, not really sure what to say. Of course, the one that I had least wanted to talk to spoke. Robin.

"Um...hello. Wh-what's going on?" He asked, almost seeming a little confused. Of course, all I could think was:

Ha. So the little boy wonder, the idiot's ex-sidekick, isn't really so smart.

I know, I know. I shouldn't of thought that just because Robin didn't know what was going on. I guess it wasn't his fault. Anyway, I answered him.

"There was a hostage situation thing," I said. "I took care of it."

"And you are...?" Said Raven, her voice kind of monotonous.

"St-Static." I said, flashing her a quick smile.

"Static?" Beast Boy asked, kind of in a "What-The-Hell-Kinda-Name-Is-That" way. I shot him a glare.

"Yeah, Static. Got a problem?" I hissed. He almost looked a little nervous after that.

"Uh...n-no,"

Before he could say anymore, Robin spoke up.

"And what are you doing here?" He asked.

"I heard about what was going on, so I rushed out here. You fr-....guys weren't here, so I handled it. Piece of cake." I said, a little full of myself. Oh, and yeah, if you were wondering, I DID almost call them freaks to their faces. Oops.

"What kind of powers do you have, 'Static'?" Cyborg asked.

I thought:

Uh, hello? My name's 'Static'. What do you THINK my powers are?!

And I said:

"Well, I can kind of control electricity, make it, and use it to pick things and people up," I explained. Notice the difference between the two? Anyway, I won't bore you with the rest of our conversation. It basically was a bunch of 'Sooo...' and 'Uhh...''s. Finally I said,

"I kind of have to get going. Maybe I'll see you guys again," I said.

Oh, God, I hope not.

I backed away before they could say anything, put on my helmet, and drove away. I noticed them looking between each other, obviously confused by my sudden departure.

Real smooth, Jon.

End of Chapter III

~-~-~-~-~-~-~

Quick note: As you probably already know, the italics meant that's what Jon was thinking.

Alright, not one of my best chapters, but I thought it was fairly good. What'd you think?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Just Another Fan Fiction   Just Another Fan Fiction Icon_minitimeSat Oct 25, 2008 12:56 pm

I like his reaction, and I just love it when the lead character is not a saint. 10/10 for the dialouge ^^.
Back to top Go down
Batgirl
Admin
Batgirl

PostSubject: Re: Just Another Fan Fiction   Just Another Fan Fiction Icon_minitimeSun Oct 26, 2008 3:23 am

Thanks, Kip. ^^ Yeah, characters with perfect personalities and all that crap are annoying.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Just Another Fan Fiction   Just Another Fan Fiction Icon_minitimeSun Oct 26, 2008 9:00 am

Awesome new avatar, Kayla. Who is it?
Back to top Go down
Batgirl
Admin
Batgirl

PostSubject: Re: Just Another Fan Fiction   Just Another Fan Fiction Icon_minitimeSun Oct 26, 2008 4:28 pm

Thanks! ^_^ Her names Misfit. She's from this awesome comic called "Birds of Prey". Her real name's Charlie. ^^
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just Another Fan Fiction   Just Another Fan Fiction Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Just Another Fan Fiction
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Cool Zone for kids!-
Jump to: