The Cool Zone for kids!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Cool Zone for kids!

The place for kids!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Sorin

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Batgirl
Admin
Batgirl

Female Number of posts : 11042
Current Location : Here.
Humor : Uh...moo?
Hobbies : ...Writing, reading, volunteering, and just doing stuff.
Registration date : 2008-01-08

Sorin Empty
PostSubject: Sorin   Sorin Icon_minitimeSun Jun 08, 2008 2:24 am

Hello All! *Looks around and sees no one.* Hmm......nevermind that.....well, this is my first Avatar: The Last Airbender fan fiction. "Sorin" is not the actual title, but it's all I could think of at the moment. The prologue probably sucks, but it'll get better. And just so you know, we don't see the Avatar Gaang until much later on. Here's the Prologue, "Darkness"

Prologue

"Darkness"

Fourteen year-old Sorin woke to a scream. He had been sleeping peacefully in his small bed, in his semi-small room, dreaming of things he wouldn't even remember the next day. He instantly got up, slipping on his green tunic and putting on his black boots. He raced out of his bedroom, running head first into a large Fire Nation soldier. He could see behind the soldier was his mother and father tied and gagged. Another soldier was standing in front of them, his arms crossed. He was speaking to them, but Sorin couldn't make out the words. He yelled at the Fire Nation soldier in front of him.

"What do you want?!" He yelled, trying to run past him. The man grabbed Sorin by the back of his shirt, picking him up so that he was face to face with him. The soldier spoke in a gruff voice, his voice a little weird from the helmet on his head.

"Not so fast, kid. Your parents are under arrest."

That would've been a surprise to some, but Sorin knew what he meant. You see, Sorin's father was from the Fire Nation --and a fire-bender--, and his mother was from the Earth Nation --and was an earth-bender. It was illegal in the Fire Nation --and possibly the Earth Nation-- to marry someone from another nation. Delilah and Jonas --Sorin's parents-- had been able to keep their love a secret from the Fire Nation for fifteen years, but all that had apparently ended. A month ago, the Fire Nation had invaded Sorin's small village, searching out and arresting any benders. Sorin, Delilah and Jonas had kept it a secret that they were benders, but apparently the soldiers had found out. So, not only were they under arrest for being benders, but if they knew that Jonas was a fire-bender, they would know he was from the Fire Nation, so they would be in even bigger trouble.

Sorin tried to wriggle out of the man's grip, but to no avail. The man brought Sorin over to his parents, tying him up and putting him next to his parents. Sorin smiled. He had inherited his father's ability to firebend. Ropes would be simple for him to burn and get out of. He wondered why his father had not done the same thing, but he quickly shook it off, beginning to heat the ropes. All of a sudden, they burst into flames, allowing him to slip out of them and take a fighting stance. The two soldiers looked between each other, surprised at what they had just seen. They quickly took stances as well, ready to fight him.

Sorin took the first shot, sending a fire-ball at them. It grazed the man with the gruff-voice's leg, but did not cause any damage. The other soldier shot a fireball at Sorin, but Sorin put his hands out, sending the ball back at the soldier. It hit him in the stomach, sending him back against the wall and knocking him out. Sorin then shot fire at the other soldier, with a similar affect. Sorin took a deep breath and turned around, running to his mother. He began to untie her first.

"Don't worry, mother. I'll untie you and father, and then we can escape." He said, but before he could finish untieng her, she let out a muffled scream. A moment later, Sorin felt something hard hit the back of his head. Then, he only saw darkness.

End of Prologue

Like I said, not very good. But it WILL get better. Anyway, comments are very much appreciated.

~Oracle
Back to top Go down
El
Admin

Female Number of posts : 4606
Registration date : 2007-04-06

Sorin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sorin   Sorin Icon_minitimeSun Jun 08, 2008 5:19 am

I like it. Nicely done, descriptive, but I suggest reading the dictionary to improve your vocab. (No, really, I do it all the time. ^^')
Back to top Go down
Batgirl
Admin
Batgirl

Sorin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sorin   Sorin Icon_minitimeSun Jun 08, 2008 5:27 am

Yeah, I try to use a better vocabulary, but sometimes I can't think of the right word. Doing homework helps. I'll be doing this vocabulary homework book, and I'll see this one word, and I'll usually be like, "Oooh, maybe I can use that for one of my fan fics."

I have the next three chapters done, so I'll probably post the first chapter in a few minutes. So far, I like the second and third chapters the best. The first one is just kind of dull. In my opinion, at least.
Back to top Go down
Batgirl
Admin
Batgirl

Sorin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sorin   Sorin Icon_minitimeSun Jun 08, 2008 5:49 am

This one is almost just as bad as the Prologue. It'll get better once I get to Chapter 2. Here it is, "Panic"

Chapter 1

"Panic"

Sorin woke up a few hours later, his head throbbing. He got up wobbly, looking around. He was still in his house, but the soldiers were gone. And so were his parents. He ran into each of the rooms in a panic, hoping and praying they would be somewhere. They were no where to be seen. He ran outside, looking around. Their house was surrounded by trees, almost as if it was in a forest. The village was visible from their house, but it wasn't exactly right there.

Sorin didn't see the soldiers anywhere around the house. He ran back in, trying his hardest to keep tears back. He already knew what he had to do. He had to find his mother and father. He ran into his room, grabbing a medium-sized green bag, with an image of an Earth Nation coin on the front. He packs some clothes, a dagger, and a few other personal items in it, including a portrait of his mother and father. He walked towards the front door, but remembered two more things before he left. Going as fast as he could, Sorin walked into his parents' room, walking over to the wall above their bed. His father had a sword hanging above their bed that had belonged to Sorin's grandfather. Sorin took it off the wall, as well as a sheath that went on his back, and inserted it into the sheath. As he put it on his back, he walked over to a desk that belonged to his father. In a locked drawer, that he easily picked with his dagger, was a large sack of gold coins. He put that in his pack as well, now ready to leave.

As Sorin walked away from his house, he looked back one more time, knowing that he would not be back for a long time.

Sorin began to walk towards the village, wondering where he should head first. The village was in the middle of the Earth Kingdom, a long way away from the capital of Ba Sing Se. Well, the old capital. His village had been one of the few small villages left in the Earth Nation that hadn't been taken over. But after the Avatar had fallen at Ba Sing Se, the Fire Nation army had begun to take over even the smaller villages. Sorin had heard that the Avatar was back, and had attacked the Fire Nation capital during a solar eclipse only a week or so ago. Sorin thought that was a good attack strategy, but he had heard that it had not worked.

Sorin arrived in the city a few minutes later, sneaking in past the soldiers. He snick thru back alleys, knowing where he was headed. He soon came to the house that belonged to a good friend of his father's, Sung. He knocked on the door. A few moments later, Sung came to the door.

"Why, hello Sorin. What brings you here today?"

"I have bad news, Sung. May I come in?" Sorin asked.

Sung's expression changed from a smile, to a small frown. He opened the door further, allowing Sorin to step in. Sorin walked into a small, living-room like area. Sung stepped in as well, sitting down on a wooden chair. Sorin decided to stay standing.

"My parents have been arrested by the Fire Nation." Sorin stated simply, his voice breaking. Sung seemed utterly surprised. He stood up, putting his had on Sorin's shoulder.

"I'm so sorry, Sorin. You're welcome to stay here if you want."

"No, thank you. I am going to find them."

"No, no. That is too dangerous for a boy of your age!"

"The Avatar is a twelve year-old boy." Sorin retorted. Sung thought about this for a moment, then spoke.

"I suppose you're right, my boy. But then why did you come here?"

"I was wondering if you know how I could find them?"

Sorin shook his head, then spoke.

"I-I'm afraid not." He said, not very convincingly. He looked away, trying to avoid eye contact with Sorin. Sorin craned his head, trying to look Sung in the eye.

"You're lying." He said. "Sung, you have to tell me what you know."

"I-I know nothing, Sorin. Now you must leave. It's not safe for you to be here anymore." He said, pushing Sorin towards the door.

"Fine, Sung. But I will find out, and I will find my parents." He stated.

"Goodbye, Sorin. And be careful." He said, pushing Sorin out the door.

"So much for him helping me." Sorin mumbled to himself.

Sorin began to sneak out of the village, avoiding the soldiers yet again. He started towards the forest near the town, no idea where he was going. Little did he know, things were about to change, maybe not for the better.

End of Chapter 1
Back to top Go down
El
Admin

Sorin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sorin   Sorin Icon_minitimeSun Jun 08, 2008 5:50 am

Oh, I like it. ^^
Back to top Go down
Batgirl
Admin
Batgirl

Sorin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sorin   Sorin Icon_minitimeSun Jun 08, 2008 5:55 am

Really? Thanks. I'll post the second chapter tomorrow. By the way, I had posted the next chapter over in my TT fan fiction.
Back to top Go down
Spooky
Admin
Spooky

Female Number of posts : 4997
Current Location : Why?....Are you stalking me?! o.O'
Humor : "Every fight is a food fight when you're a canibal"....What?
Hobbies : Things....Certain things....
Registration date : 2008-02-12

Sorin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sorin   Sorin Icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2008 2:56 am

Yay, you put this story on the site! Now I can read it again! XP
But I still think it's pretty good! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Batgirl
Admin
Batgirl

Sorin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sorin   Sorin Icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2008 3:38 am

Thanks! I'll go ahead and post the next chapter in a few minutes.
Back to top Go down
Spooky
Admin
Spooky

Sorin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sorin   Sorin Icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2008 4:31 am

Yay! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Batgirl
Admin
Batgirl

Sorin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sorin   Sorin Icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2008 4:35 am

Here it is, chapter 3. I don't really like the beginning or end very much, but I like the middle.

Chapter 2

"Summer"

Sorin arrived around the middle of the forest at sunset. The sky was a beautiful, so many different colors. Sorin had taken up drawing a while ago, as something to do in his free time when he wasn't training his bending. He sat down on a rock, facing towards the sun. He took his pad of paper out of his pack, as well as a set of paints and a brush.

He set the pad on his knee, and began to draw the sunset. It helped him relax, and think about things. He thought about how he was going to do this. He wasn't sure if he could do this on his own, but he knew he had no choice. Sung couldn't help him, and he didn't have any good friends in the village. He thought about who could help him, and a thought crossed his mind. The Avatar could help him.

"Yeah, like the Avatar would help me, some village kid." He said, but the thought was still there. After a while, the drawing was beautiful. He had detailed every little thing perfectly, even the trees that blocked his view of some of the sky. He sighed, then put the paints and pad back into his pack. He felt his stomach growl, and decided he had to find some food. He found a stream, fish swimming by. He decided he would have to use his sword to catch them, which wouldn't be an easy task.

He unsheathed the sword, then knelt down next to the stream. And he waited. After about ten minutes, he was still kneeling there, his knees starting to cramp up. Finally, he was able to spear a large, catfish-like fish. He figured that would be enough, mostly because he didn't want to stay there any longer. He walked back to where he had set up camp, then started a fire with his bending. He jammed the fish onto a stick, cooking it over the fire.

Sorin finished the fish quickly, now full. He took out a blanket he had packed and lied it down on the ground, laying down after he had it the way he wanted it. He used his pack as a pillow. Quickly, he drifted off to sleep, dreams to follow.

Sorin woke with start, a booming sound in the distance. He looked around and saw dark clouds not too far away. He decided he should probably find some cover. He packed up his things, just in time for it to start pouring rain. He ran as fast as he could, deeper into the forest. Finally, he came upon an empty cave. He ran inside, his clothes drenched. He sat down against the wall, shivering. He looked around, and noticed that the cave was deeper than he had thought. He thought he heard a girl's voice, but he shook it off, deciding it was probably just the rain.

He looked around the front area of the cave, trying to find some wood so her could make a fire. Eventually, he found enough wood. He rearranged it into a suitable formation, then lit the fire with his bending. He heard a gasp come from deeper inside the cave and turned that way, his hands up and full of fire in defense.

"Wh-who's there?" He yelled. Suddenly, a girl of about fifteen stepped out of the shadows. Her hair was long, down to her waist, a deep black. Her eyes were almost gray, an orangish tint near the middle. She wore a red cloak, concealing her clothes, but not her face. She had an almost scared look on her face, cringing when the fire in Sorin's hands moved. He noticed this and put his hands down, letting the fire disappear. He spoke.

"Who are you?" He asked.

She walked closer, her face still full of fear.

"I....I am Summer." She answered in a small voice.

"What are you doing here?"

"I'm hiding......the Fire Nation is after me."

Sorin seemed a little surprised at this. Why would the Fire Nation be after such a shy girl, he thought.

"Why would they be after you?" He asked. She acted like she hadn't heard him, sitting down on the ground, as far away from the fire as she could be but still able to feel the heat. Sorin sighed, sitting down as well. He spoke.

"I'm looking for my parents. They were captured by the Fire Nation. I have to find them." He stated. She stared at the ground. She began to talk, her eyes still on the ground.

"The Fire Nation killed my parents. So...I killed five of their soldiers and a general. That's why they're after me.

Sorin looked up, his eyes wide.

"H-how?"

"Well, they use those tank things, and-"

"No, no. I meant, 'How did you kill them?'"

"Oh......I'd rather not talk about it."

"Alright......do you by chance know where they might take prisoners?"

"No." She answered blankly. "Sorry."

"That's alright. Oh, I forgot. My name is Sorin."

Summer looked up, a small smile on her face.

"Nice to meet you, Sorin. Do you mind if I ask you a question?"

"Sure."

"Wh-why did the Fire Nation capture your parents? I mean...aren't they Fire Nation, too?"

"No, just my father. But they kept that a secret from the Fire Nation. My father had a chance to move to the Earth Kingdom about sixteen years ago, and he did. He met an Earth Nation girl who's village had been destroyed. They fell in love, and in secret, got married. A little while after that, they had me. It's illegal in the Fire Nation for a someone from the Fire Nation to marry someone from a different Nation. So, my mom and dad moved to a small, out-of-the-way village, so that they would be safe. But that changed yesterday. Some Fire Nation soldiers came to my house.......and they took my parents. I tried to stop them, but I couldn't. I don't know how I'm going to find them." Sorin said, giving a much longer answer than he had to. Summer had been staring at him the whole time, her head racing at Sorin's story. A few minutes later, after an unsettling silence, Summer spoke.

"I-I could help you, Sorin. I mean I don't know where they would be taken, but I could help you find out."

Sorin looked up, surprised she had offered her help.

"Really? Th-that would be great. I just need to know one thing."

"What?"

"I need to know what you did to those soldiers, how you killed them. I need to know who I'll be traveling with, and if I should be concerned."

Summer stood up, taking off her cloak. Underneath, she was wearing a red, long sleeved shirt that went a little past her hands. Also, a long, black skirt that had at one point been longer, but had been ripped so that the hem was a few inches above her ankles. On her back, two sheathes made an "X" formation, both carrying swords. She took the swords out, the blood clearly visible on both of them. She threw them towards Sorin. They landed right in front of him, the blades slanted into the dirt. Sorin was able to get a closer look at the blood, and realized he had under-estimated her.

"Does that answer your question?" She asked coldly.

He stood up, taking the swords out of the ground. He walked over to her, spinning the swords around so that the handles faced Summer. He smiled.

"Yes, it does."

She didn't return the smile, she merely turned around, inserting the swords back into their sheathes. She walked over to the wall closest to them, and sat down on a bed of leaves Sorin hadn't noticed before. She took off the sheathes, setting them down on the floor next to her. She lied down, her back facing towards Sorin.

" 'Night." She mumbled.

"Good night." Sorin returned, walking back over to the fire. He set down his blanket again, and lied down. He wasn't so sure about Summer, but he knew he would have to put up with her if he wanted her help.

End of Chapter 2
Back to top Go down
Spooky
Admin
Spooky

Sorin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sorin   Sorin Icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2008 4:40 am

Yay! That was awesome (as always! Razz)!!! And now...*drum rolls* the intro of a new character!! Hehehehe....'^^

(Ooh, you changed your avatar! It's kinda...creepy...I think I'm gonna go change my avatar now! Razz)
Back to top Go down
Batgirl
Admin
Batgirl

Sorin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sorin   Sorin Icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2008 4:51 am

Thanks! I'll post the next chapter(which you haven't seen yet!)tomorrow!
Back to top Go down
Spooky
Admin
Spooky

Sorin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sorin   Sorin Icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2008 5:02 am

Yay! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Batgirl
Admin
Batgirl

Sorin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sorin   Sorin Icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2008 9:55 pm

Here it is. In my opinion, this chapter is dull, and kinda-sorta a filler. I like the end and some of the middle, but the beginning sucks. I don't have a name for this chapter yet, so suggestions would be appreciated(Mostly from Star, who has not yet seen this chapter. Razz).

Chapter 3

Sorin woke up the next morning, his back sore from sleeping on the cave floor. He sat up, looking around. Summer's sheath was gone, and so was she. He looked around the cave, rubbing his eyes sleepily. He couldn't see Summer anywhere. He looked out the cave opening, but could barely see anything, for it was still pouring rain.

"Where could she have gone?" Sorin asked himself, relighting the fire.

Suddenly, Summer came running in the cave opening, a fish on the ends of each of her swords. She was soaking wet, even after she took off her drenched cloak. She sat down next to the fire, shivering and rubbing her arms frantically, trying to warm up. Sorin sat down next to her, putting his blanket around her. He spoke.

"What were you thinking? It's pouring rain out there!"

She looked at him, strands of wet hair hanging over her face.

"I was hungry." She stated simply, sticking a sword with a fish on it over the fire.

"Yeah, but you still could've waited for it to stop raining." He said, grabbing the other sword and sticking it over the fire as she handed it to him.

"Yeah, I guess. So," She started, beginning to eat her fish. "Where do we go from here?"

"Well," Sorin said, taking a map out of his pack. It showed the entire Earth Kingdom as well as some of the Fire Nation. He set it down between the two of them, opening it up.

"I think our best chance would be to go Ba Sing Se." Sorin said, putting his finger on the map where he was guessing they were, then bringing it across the map to Ba Sing Se.

"Uh, Sorin, I'm not sure if you know this, but Ba Sing Se was kind of taken over by the Fire Nation a few weeks ago.

"I know, but maybe we could get some info there on where my parents might be."

"Alright, fine. But how are we going to get there? I don't know if you've noticed this, but we are here," She said, pointing to where they were. "And Ba Sing Se is wayyy over here." She said, pointing to Ba Sing Se.

"Well, we'll find a way. Maybe we could find some ostrich-horses."

"Still, how are we going to get into Ba Sing Se?" Summer said, stopping Sorin at every corner.

"We'll disguise ourselves as Fire Nation peasants that decided to move to Ba Sing Se. I'll find some Fire Nation clothes, and your clothes already look like Fire Nation clothes. It's fool-proof."

"Uh-huh, sure. Then perhaps we should get going?" She asked, standing up and taking the two swords, inserting them into their sheathes. Sorin nodded, realizing it had stopped raining when they were eating. She handed him his blanket.

"Thanks."

"No problem."

He put the blanket into his pack, as well as the map and a few other things he had taken out of the pack. Summer walked over to her bed of leaves, grabbing a small, blue pack, as well as a small sheath with a dagger inside, which she inserted into her pack. She slung it over her arm, walking over to Sorin.

"Ready?"

"Sure." Sorin replied, walking towards the entrance. They stepped out at the same time, both stepping into puddles. They started north, towards Ba Sing Se.

Summer and Sorin had been walking for a few hours, and were now on a tree-lined dirt path, when they decided to stop and rest. Sorin sat down on a rock, taking out his map. Summer sat down next to him on another rock. Sorin opened the map, which had been a little wrinkled from other items falling on top of it. He stared at it for a few seconds, trying to determine where they were.

"There." He said, pointing to a spot on the map north of where they had started out, not very much closer to Ba Sing Se than they had been before.

"Are you sure? What if we're not going the right way?"

Sorin looked at her.

"I know which way we're going. And if I'm right, there should be a village just over that hill." He said, pointing to the hill the path went over about thirty from them. "Now, we need to get going again. The more we stop, the longer it will take to get to Ba Sing Se."

"Alright, then let's go." She replied, standing up.

They began walking again, trying to ignore the got sun above them. They soon got to the top of the hill, and they saw......more path. Sorin looked at Summer, rubbing his neck nervously.

"Uh, maybe..." He looked around, then smiled, pointing farther up the path.

"Maybe it's that hill!" He said, pointing to another small hill coming up. He started to run towards the next hill. Summer began to follow him, mumbling under her breath.

"It better be the next hill, Sorin..." She mumbled, trudging on towards the hill. They soon came to the hill, and they saw..........a village up ahead. Sorin let out a sigh, glad he was right this time. His eyes scanned the village, searching for Fire Nation soldiers. He couldn't see any, but he still wanted to be careful.

Sorin and Summer crept towards the village as cautiously as could be, still not positive there wasn't any soldiers. They both sighed with relief when they noticed the Earth Kingdom soldiers at the gates to the village. They started to walk past the guards into the village, when an arm on either side stopped them. The soldiers turned to face them. The one on their right spoke.

"What business do you have here?" He asked, his voice rough.

"We are travelers, and we seek supplies." Sorin half-lied. All they really needed was to get past the village, and the fastest way to do that was to go through it. The soldier squinted his eyes suspiciously at Sorin, but moved his arm away. Sorin nodded in appreciation as he walked into the village with Summer. Once they were out of ear-shot, Summer turned to Sorin, her voice quiet.

"Why did you lie to him?" She asked.

"What was I supposed to say? Hi, I'm a fire-bender, I'm searching for my parents and I need to get past your village? I don't think that would've worked." He said, his voice also down to a whisper. Summer let out a sigh and didn't say anything else. It took them about five minutes to get to the other side of the fairly large and seemingly prosperous village. They were almost out of the village when they heard an explosion behind them. They turned around quickly, surprised by the loud noise. At the other side of the village were fire-benders riding Komodo Rhinos. They were shooting fire-balls at the Earth Nation soldiers, the soldiers barely having time to ring up slabs of earth to protect themselves.

Sorin began to run towards the battle when an arm grabbed his elbow. He turned around to face Summer.

"What are you doing?! We have to help!"

"Sorin, as much as I want to slice those guys up, I don't think it would be smart for you to fire-bend. One of the Earth Nation soldiers could mistake you for Fire Nation, and they might attack YOU. We have to get out of here."

Sorin pulled away from Summer.

"But we can't just let them destroy the village! I have to help. I don't care what you say." He said, dashing off to help. Summer let out a sigh and mumbled under her breath as she began to run towards the battle as well.

"You're going to get yourself killed, you idiot."

End of Chapter 3

Like I said, not very good. The next chapter will hopefully be better, because I'm writing some or all of it in Sorin's point of view. I might also write some of it in Summer's POV. Anyway, reply! Critique! Eat donuts! (Razz)
Back to top Go down
Spooky
Admin
Spooky

Sorin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sorin   Sorin Icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2008 3:03 am

Hmm....Like you said, it wasn't your best, but it was still good! Very Happy Razz

Ooh, I think I'm gonna put one of my stories up on here.....But which do you think I should, Oracle? I've got like fifty-five-thousand stories (okay, not that many, but a LOT). I don't know which one to choose!! DX (Razz)
Back to top Go down
Batgirl
Admin
Batgirl

Sorin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sorin   Sorin Icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2008 3:35 am

First of all, I love your avatar! Razz Second of all, hmm........I personally like the one with Lynn the best.
Back to top Go down
Spooky
Admin
Spooky

Sorin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sorin   Sorin Icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2008 7:28 pm

Well, I like Star's story the best, but you haven't read all of that yet, and I haven't finished re-typing it yet....So, do you think I should put up Lynn's story?
Back to top Go down
Batgirl
Admin
Batgirl

Sorin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sorin   Sorin Icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2008 8:20 pm

Yeah!
Back to top Go down
Spooky
Admin
Spooky

Sorin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sorin   Sorin Icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2008 8:23 pm

Okay! I'll have to do a little editing first. The first few chapters aren't that good. '^^
Back to top Go down
Batgirl
Admin
Batgirl

Sorin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sorin   Sorin Icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2008 8:24 pm

Oookay. I almost have the next chapter done, and I think it's pretty good. Like I said, it'll be in Sorin's point of view.
Back to top Go down
Spooky
Admin
Spooky

Sorin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sorin   Sorin Icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2008 8:29 pm

Oh, yay! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Batgirl
Admin
Batgirl

Sorin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sorin   Sorin Icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2008 2:11 am

I don't care much for some of this chapter, but some parts turned out okay...I think.

Chapter 4

*Through the eyes of Sorin*

I knew Summer was going to kill me for doing this, but I had to. We couldn't just let these people die, or become slaves. We HAD to help them.

I raced past small houses and stands. I soon came to the action, and it didn't look good. The Fire Nation soldiers were setting everything in plain sight on fire. I narrowly dodged a plume of fire that had been shot at a stand behind me. I decided that I should try to just use my sword for now. Summer was right, one of the Earth Nation soldiers could mistake me for one of those Fire Nation guys. I really didn't want that. I drew my sword and snuck towards a soldier who had his hands aimed at an Earth Nation soldier. I got really close to him, and hit him on the head with the dull side of my sword. He passed out, leaving a grateful looking Earth soldier.

I saw Summer running up, her swords drawn. I watched as she ran up to a soldier, looking confident as can be. She slashed at him, but he used his armor to block it. He grabbed her by the neck and threw her against a building, knocking her out. I yelled.

"Summer!" I screamed, then in my fury, I shot a fire ball at the surprised Fire soldier. A few Earth Nation soldiers-including the one that had let me into the village-stared at me. I ran over to Summer, past the now unconscious soldier, and picked her-and her swords-up. I had to make a choice. I could either place her somewhere where I hoped no one would find her, and keep on fighting, OR, I could take Summer and get out of the way. I stood there with her in my arms for what seemed like hours and finally decided. I had to get Summer out of there, and I couldn't take a risk. I let out a small sigh and ran as fast as I could out of the village.

A little while later, I came to a rock overhanging. A large rock was jutting out of a cliff, making a good shelter. I set Summer down and took a look at her head. It was bleeding a little, but it didn't look that bad. I found some bandages in my pack and wrapped some around her head. She let out a whimper, but she didn't open her eyes. I sighed and sat down next to her, leaning against the wall.

I could see the smoke in the distance, and I knew that the Fire Nation had won. I clenched my teeth, trying to keep myself from running back there right that second and trying to take them down all by myself. But I knew I couldn't just leave Summer there. Also, I probably wouldn't of stood a chance. I lied down, my hair mingling with the grass and dirt. I soon fell asleep.

My dream went a little like this:

I was in a field, nothing else around me. Summer was there, sitting down next to me. She was laughing, and so was I. I don't know what we were laughing about, but we were happy. Then, something happened that both surprised me and made me a little happy. Summer leaned towards me and kissed me. I kissed her back. All of a sudden, she fell to the ground unconscious. I looked around and saw a Fire Nation soldier. I looked down at Summer, and saw an arrow sticking out of her back. Some tears ran down my face when I realized what had happened. The soldier just stood there, but he didn't have a bow. In a tree that seemingly appeared out of thin air behind him, I saw them. Yu-Yan archers. All of them had their bows drawn, all aimed at me. I didn't seem to care, because I ran towards the soldier, my fist on fire and drawn back. But before I could even get close to him, the archer fired at me, pinning me down with their arrows. One of them fired an arrow at my arm. I cried out in pain as it hit me. The soldier walked over to me and cackled, kicking Summer-who was next to me-in the side. I tried to yell at him, but my voice was gone. Then, the ground disappeared from beneath me, leaving me to fall through a dark hole.

Before I could reach the bottom, I woke up, screaming. I looked around, and saw Summer sitting next to me, her mouth a small frown. She spoke.

"What's wrong?" She said.

"N-nothing," I replied, thinking about my dream. "Just a nightmare."

"Oh. Well, I guess we should get going." She said.

"Yeah," I answered, sitting up. I helped her off the ground, then grabbed my stuff.

"Oh, and Sorin?"

"Yeah, Summer?" I said, looking at her face.

"Thanks." She said, her voice small. Before I could say anything, she walked out of our little shelter. I smiled and thought about my dream...and that kiss. I thought about what it meant.......did it mean that I.....loved Summer? I thought about this as we walked. Summer must've noticed me not looking like I was paying attention, so she spoke.

"What're you thinking about?" She asked. She snapped me out of my daze. I looked at her, my face a little red.

"Uh, nothing. I mean, just.....nothing." I said, probably sounding really stupid. I blushed a little and looked away. I really hoped I wouldn't have any more dreams like that, otherwise, it would be a very long, and very uncomfortable journey.

End of Chapter 4
Back to top Go down
El
Admin

Sorin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sorin   Sorin Icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2008 2:13 am

Oooh, nice description. Me likey.
Back to top Go down
Batgirl
Admin
Batgirl

Sorin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sorin   Sorin Icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2008 2:16 am

Really? Thanks. I didn't think I had enough description........anyway, I've just started working on the next chapter, so I might have it done by Sunday.(I can't write with my mom around....it's just....weird.)
Back to top Go down
El
Admin

Sorin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sorin   Sorin Icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2008 2:17 am

Just try to add more description between dialogue. The setting become a bit patchy and harder to follow, otherwise.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Sorin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sorin   Sorin Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sorin
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Cool Zone for kids!-
Jump to: